Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • flheurb
    • Mar 2002

divx to mpeg convert

I have been having a problem converting divx to mpeg. I have tried several different converters: tmpgenc, adobe premiere, etc. The problem is that whenever i run a conversion program (windows xp), the program gets an error and shuts down, or even worse causes my computer to restart! this happens at different times, it's not consistent. Any ideas would be great, thanks.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Do any other types of programs exhibit these tendencies? Your description of the problem makes it hard to believe that it's exclusively related to video conversion programs...

Comment

• flheurb
      • Mar 2002

WELL, I HAVEN'T HAD SUCH A PROBLEM WITH ANYTHING ELSE, TO ME IT SEEMS LIKE IT HAS MORE TO DO WITH THE FACT THAT IT'S ACTUALLY A DIVX AVI RATHER THAN A REGULAR AVI. SOME OTHER CONVERSION PROGRAMS I HAVE TRIED WON'T EVEN BEGIN TO CONVERT CAUSE THE AUDIO FILE IS 0-BIT. PROGRAMS LIKE TMPGENC ALLOW YOU TO USE A SEPARATE WAV FILE, BUT IT DOESN'T HELP. I HAD ERRORS RUNNING SUCH PROGRAMS ON MY PREVIOUS OS, WINDOWS ME.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Please undo your CAPS LOCK key!

I can only tel you that TMPGEnc has no problem handling DivX-compressed .AVIs. Nor does it have any problem handling audio with 0 bit sampling precision.

The problem may lie with the VERSION of DivX codec that was used to compress the .AVI. If it's v.5.0, I believe you'll find that it's so new that none of the usual conversion software will recognize it - yet...

Comment

Working...