Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DarthJango
    • Jan 2002

Cutting mpg files with TMPGEnc

I have Resident Evil downloaded and I want to put it on a DVD+RW disc. The only problem is the movie is split into 2 files and the first 4 or 5 seconds of the 2nd file repeats the last 4 or 5 seconds of the 1st file. I want to join the two files togetherand convert it to an mpg2 file so I can burn it onto DVD but first I want to cut those few seconds of the movie out that repeat. I have used Virtual Dub to do this with avi files but I don't know which program to use for mpg files or how to do it. I have TMPGEnc. I've heard that it will cut mpg files but everytime I have tried there is no sound. Can I cut mpg files with Virtual Dub like I can with avi files? If so which would be the best to use? Virtual Dub or TMPGEnc? And how do I use either of these programs to cut mpgs?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Although you can load MPEG1 (NOT MPEG2) files into VirtualDub, it will ONLY output .AVI files.

To trim a piece off an MPEG (1,2, VCD, SVCD) file, use TMPGEnc as follows:

File>>MPEGTools>>Merge&Cut

Set the mode to the proper filetype (MPEG1,Mpeg2,etc.) of your input file.

Move the slider to what you want to be the new beginning point of the video. Click on the left bracket ("{").

Move the slider to the extreme right end (the end of the video). Click on the right bracket ("}").

Click on "OK".Select a new filename for your output. Click on the "Run" radio button.

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• erandre
      • Feb 2002

When you cut the files with TempEnc, you probably used the step-by-step buttons to find your cutting frame(?). After you have done that and pressed the end marker, change the last part of the "range to" manually one by one number. (the one after the ,)

range to: 01:12:34,87 <----

Now you will find the exact frame to cut, then use the same number, pluss 1 after the comma, as startframe on your second part... This method works great...

Comment

• dearlilie

Try "DVDCutter Stream and Mp3CDWav Converter" which can be found in www.******.com

Comment

Working...