Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dR-DivxDL
    • Apr 2002

After fps change having audio/video synch problems

Hey, fiends. Having a huge problem getting my avi of Dawn of the Dead synchronized. The orig. avi I got is perfectly synched, but seeing as the fps is 30 and I'm trying to rip a VCD I need to change it to 29.97 for a 352x240 (if my memory serves me right.) Anyway, once I convert the fps to 29.97 the avi or mpeg (I've done the conveersion in both formats) the audio and video tends to start off just fine, but by the end of the movie is off by 6 seconds (the video lags). Of course the video lags, right? I changed the damn fps. But, well, hello, I need the fps @29.97. I've tried demultiplexing it and then remulti, but with no success.

Does anyone have any idea on how to get my audio/video in synch? I'm not a "newbie" so I will be able to understand your input. Thanks. We use VDub, TMPGEnc as well as many other various progs to get things working.

I've searched the forums and only see people asking for help on this subject, with little or no help. Here's hoping we get ours
  • Batman
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2002

You shouldn't have to change the fps for TMPGENc to convert the file, TMPGEnc should automatically change the frame rate. Simply select the PAL or NTSC vcd template and create your mpeg file

Use Virtualdub to sync your file (visit divx-digest.com guides) or manually sync using synchronizer. Be sure to back up the original file.

Comment

• dR-DivxDL
      • Apr 2002

No, I know I don't have to change the fps for tmpgenc to encode the file, but in order to write to vcd I do. I have to have the fps at 29.97, not 30. And VirtualDub didn't synchronize it worth a crap...already tried that. Thanks, anyway

Comment

• Batman
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Jan 2002

Try again---load the vcd template and try it. That's what 99% of the people do. I think you should definately give it a try. Again, as I said before, TMPGEnc will automatically make these alterations and changes neccesary to conver to vcd.

Comment

• dR-DivxDL
          • Apr 2002

You mean sync the avi 1st then encode, because VDub does not support MPEGs. I'm sure you know that already. Well, as I mentioned, I already tried to sync the avi in VDub, but it was still off. This "synchonizer", is that a seperate program or something?
          Last edited by dR-DivxDL; 5 Apr 2002, 03:04 AM.

Comment

• Batman
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Jan 2002

Let me simply re-state what I have been saying: (Do the following and let me know if you have problems)

1) Load the Dawn of the Dead avi (don't bother changing the framerate fps---just take the original) into TMPGEnc
            just take the one you downloaded.

2) Load the appropriate pal/ntsc vcd template

3) press the start button

Follow these simple steps before taking drastic actions. It never hurts to try.
            Again, as I said before, TMPGEnc will automatically make these alterations and changes neccesary to conver to vcd.

Comment

Working...