trying to covert xvid to vcd, please help!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • slateef
    • Dec 2003

trying to covert xvid to vcd, please help!

i'm trying to convert a video file that is in the xvid format.

this is the info on the file (via avicodec):

File : 704 MB (704 MB), duration: 2:17:37, type: AVI, 1 audio stream(s), quality: 37 %
    Video : 578 MB, 587 Kbps, 30.0 fps, 320*224 (4:3), XVID = XVID Mpeg-4, Supported
    Audio : 125 MB, 127 Kbps, 44100 Hz, 2 channels, 0x55 = MPEG Layer-3, Supported

so i need to make this either into a vcd or a dvd...which would be better? ( i am assuming a vcd would be appropriate since it is low resolution to begin with and that converting to dvd would be of no additional resolution, so basically a waste of a dvd, is that correct?)

if vcd, what do i need to convert it to? using what?

if for dvd, i have already tried using TMPGEnc Plus (fully registered) and when i tried loading the file into the program it gave an error message:

"filename" cannot open, or unsupported

can you please help?
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

making a dvd is by far the way to go. with dvd's as cheap as they are it's worth it. you can just apply more compression if the originals aren't that great to save disc space. does the original play ok on the pc?

try this guide. see step 2 to raise the directshow, then try your file again.
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• slateef
      • Dec 2003

yes the original plays fine as it is with windows media player.

my priority is already set to +2 per your guide (i doublechecked)...still giving me the same error message when i try to load the file into the program "cannot open or unsupported".

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

does by chance the file is question have strange characters in front of it? if so, right click the file>properties and change the title so only basic letters are in there, click ok .now re-load this renamed file and see if that helps.
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• slateef
          • Dec 2003

well, the original file has a loooooong filename, but no strange characters as far as i can tell....but i renamed it anyway to a basic 3 letter filename and tried to reload it...

same problem, same error!

Comment

• LT. Columbo
            Demigod of Digital Video
            • Nov 2004

what do you have for codecs, or codec packs if any on your system?

for xvid and tmpgenc i use

xvid 1.0.3 the stable version
            Free & Fast Downloads for Koepi's XviD Codec 1.3.4: download the latest versions of Koepi's XviD Codec
            Last edited by LT. Columbo; 23 Dec 2005, 07:03 AM.
            Columbo moments...

Comment

• slateef
              • Dec 2003

that did it. thanks alot!

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                Demigod of Digital Video
                • Nov 2004

anytime
                Columbo moments...

Comment

Working...