Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 21Will2002
    • Apr 2002

update on vbr

My movies audio is vbr and I was able to find some excellant advice from Setarip in a past post on how to fix it so that tmpg would reconize it. As follows....

Simply use VirtualDub to save the audio stream as an Uncompressed PCM (WAV) file.
    Then set "Video" to "Direct Stream Copying"
    Then save the .AVI as a silent .AVI (set "Audio" to "No audio" after you've saved the WAV file).

Then close VirtualDub and restart it
    Set "Audio" to "No audio"
    Load your silent .AVI
    Set "Video" to "Direct Stream Copying"
    Under "Audio" click on "WAV Audio" and load your .WAV
    From the "File" dropdown menu, select "Save as AVI" and save your file with a new filename.

Your new .AVI should now be totally (video and audio) acceptable to TMPGEnc.
    ---------------------------
    It all worked well except that now the audio is out of synch. It matched perfectly before this. I'm wondering if its because when I loaded the movie into virtual dub it instantly found the vbr error and said that it was going to rewrite the audio header and it would produce x amount of skew. And I had no choice but to hit the ok button, theres no cancel or anything. So I think thats why the audio is off, cause virtual dub messed with it before I could do the steps above. Is there anyway to get past this with virtual dub? Or fix the now mismatched audio? Sorry I made you practically read a book I'd really appreciate anyones thoughts on this matter cause I actually have several movies with this problem! Stupid vbr
    Thanks in advance,
    Will
  • Helampaga
    • Apr 2002

Re: update on vbr

I do like this: Open in VirtualDub, video = Direct stream, Audio = full processing, compression = MPEG layer 3, 160KBit/s 48000hz stereo. save as AVI, now you have an avi that you can use.

I do like this everytime i have a VBR-file, that VirtualDub tell that is out of sync.

I hope this will do for you.

Comment

• 21Will2002
      • Apr 2002

It worked!! Thank you so much I was going crazy trying to make those work
      Thanks again,
      Will

Comment

• Helampaga
        • Apr 2002

I is my pleasure to help, because many persons helped me.

Comment

Working...