X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • arido
    • Mar 2006

Avi to DVD or SVCD takes long??

Hello guys

Do all the methodes of making a dvd or svcd from an avi or mpeg file, take such a long time? even when we have so much developement and knowledge? Or is there a shorter way, plz answer

Thanx allot
    Ari
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

sure. differences in time depend on the software/procedures/filters/settings used and also the specs of the pc, even your definition of "a long time". quality encoders take time. the tsunami encoding engine on my pc takes an average of 4-5 times the length of the clip when making DVD, but the quality is excellent. winavi for example is a fraction of that (but is also pure garbage) and has nowhere near the features and capabilities of the better encoders. i let my projects run overnight. in the morning when i get up for a boiled egg and cigar, i see things are complete. everyone will have their own time limits though i suppose...

Or is there a shorter way, plz answer
    there is, it's called having a dvd player with divx support.
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• arido
      • Mar 2006

I have one

Thank u for answering my question

U r right, but I have already a dvd player with divx support, its a Philips dvp632, I want to convert some movies that don't work correctly with my Philips, a movie coded with 3ivx or other unsupported codecs.

The problem is that it takes a long time, as u said 4 times the length of the movie, and I get much bigger file than the original one, any way do u recomend a program that can do this faster than the others with some good results, it doesn't have to be perfect result or top quality

Thanx again

Take care
      Ari

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

see jmets guide
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• arido
          • Mar 2006

Thank u very much for the link, it is a usefull one

Ari

Comment

• LT. Columbo
            Demigod of Digital Video
            • Nov 2004

yw, but thank jmet
            Columbo moments...

Comment

Working...