Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joyz
    • May 2006

Regarding VCDs Conversions.

Hello,I would like to know on how to make the 2 Discs VCD into 1 Disc VCD?What programs should I use to compress the files and how?Do I need to rip the files first?Thanks you very much.
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

one way would be to copy and paste the dat files to your pc. rename to .mpg extensions. use TMPGEnc (free version). and merge the two mpg's together into one. then make a Kvcd.
    Last edited by LT. Columbo; 9 May 2006, 12:19 AM.
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• paglamon
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Aug 2005

Yes.But I think JOYZ was expecting something in the line of DVD Shrink equivalent for VCD.
      sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

shrink won't help him. kvcd is the same idea. i don't know any other way it can be done on a standard cd-r.
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• joyz
          • May 2006

Thanks LT. Columbo for your information.But is KVCD playable on any VCD Players?

Comment

• LT. Columbo
            Demigod of Digital Video
            • Nov 2004

Originally Posted by joyz
            Thanks LT. Columbo for your information.But is KVCD playable on any VCD Players?
            that's why you have to check the compatibility list as mentioned in the link, beter yet use an rw disc or take a chance on a cd-r (they are cheap as the cigars i smoke now).

remember it makes a non-standard VCD. many players will play it though.
            Columbo moments...

Comment

Working...