Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Artman
    • Apr 2002

Audio Splitting and Re-encoding from AVI

First off all thanx Setarip for ure help in creating my first VCD.

Next issue

Tempenc again i obviously need to understand the audio streaming? My next avi i tried had sampling at 48000 (this is as is how the avi came). When i set it at 44100 it said could not work with audio.

Can you/anyone else help to split and then re-encode audio and video. I understand that the multiplexing and demulti plexing or re-encoding is my next great task to learn. Can you assist. Bearing in mind things like sync etc...

Please can i ask in a bullet point type process as my techy understanding i get lost very easy...
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Although I'm fairly certain we'll discover that the file contains an AC3 audiostream, order to determine the specifics involved, do the following:

1) Load the file into VirtualDub

2) From the "File" dropdown menu, select "File Information"

3) Post (here) EVERYTHING you see (both video and audio information), or post a screen capture .jpg of the information box

Comment

• Artman
      • Apr 2002

Setarip i will be in your debt forever at this rate need a private line i do hope others are also benifiting from the education you are giving to me. I am at the office now will paste the stuff you requested when i get home.

Comment

Working...