Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dave
    • Apr 2002

svcd help.

hello tried vcd pal and svcd pal and i cannot tell the differance between them obviously im doing something wrong i use tmpg encoder with the default templates tried various settings cq andcb im using a avi clip i got the impression svcd is supposed to be far superior to vcd after dwnloading i go straight to encoding then select svcd template and start encoding then to nero select svcd then burn so im baffled about this svcd lark. cheers dave.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

If the resolution of the original .AVI file is only equal to or less than that of compliant VCD parameters (352x240 for NTSC, 352x288 for PAL), there will be, at best, NO difference between the visual quality of VCD and SVCD. The SVCD might actually look worse, as a consequence of "forcing" an increased resolution...

Comment

• dave
      • Apr 2002

thanks foir ur reply setarip so if i check out the source resolution and keep it the same they will look a bit better then thanks.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"so if i check out the source resolution and keep it the same they will look a bit better"

No. Re-read my post...

Comment

• dave
          • Apr 2002

sorry for being a thicko so i keep it 352x288 vcd so if i was doing a svcd what would i do it then im a bit baffled now.thanks.

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

All I'm trying to convey to you is, if for example, the original .AVI's resolution is 352x288 (or lower), making it into a compliant SVCD (resolution of 480x480) will NOT make it look any better than if you make it into a compliant VCD (resolution of 352x288).

On the other hand, if the original .AVI's resolution is 720x480, a compliant SVCD (480x480) WOULD look better than a compliant VCD (352x288).

Comment

• dave
              • Apr 2002

i understand now thanks for helping, cheers dave.

Comment

Working...