• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rash_rp
    • Mar 2002

How to cut a SVCD MPEG file ?

Hi !!!

RASH here. I recently made an SVCD compliant MPEG file using DVDx 1.8

Now the problem is that its the complete movie in one file. So I need to cut it. Can someone please tell me how to cut the files, I mean which software / utility ? Another thing is, this is my first SVCD encode, so I don't know how much fits on 1 CD, is it normal 74 mins. or 80 mins. on an SVCD, or lesser time ? If lesser how much, cause I'll have to cut it accordingly.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"I mean which software / utility ?"

Use TMPGEnc as follows:

File>>MPEGTools>>Merge&Cut

You'll typically be able to fit about 35 minutes of SVCD (compliant) running time on an 80 minute CD-R...

Comment

• rash_rp
      • Mar 2002

Originally posted by setarip
      "I mean which software / utility ?"

Use TMPGEnc as follows:

File>>MPEGTools>>Merge&Cut

You'll typically be able to fit about 35 minutes of SVCD (compliant) running time on an 80 minute CD-R...

Hi !!!

RASH here. I did not find any CUT option in Merge&Cut.
      Can u please tell me step-by-step how to do this ? It will be of a great help to me.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Under the "Files" dropdown menu, click on "MPEG Tools" and select the "Merge & Cut" tab. Once again, make sure to change the mode to "MPEG2-SuperVideo CD". Load your file and enter a new (.MPG) name in the "Output file" box. Then doubleclick on the ORIGINAL file's name in the window, which will bring you to the cutting area. Select your desired start and end points for the first half, click on "Okay" which will bring you back to the first window and generate (in a sequence of three automated steps) the first new file. To create the second new file, repeat the steps starting with "Then doubleclick on the ORIGINAL..." (be extra patient with the second half, as the program has to do more seeking to establish the beginning of the new file).

Comment

• cheftaz
          • Apr 2002

The merge n cut works great to MERGE but the cut seems to have probs. I found that the source range in tmpgenc works better for cutting than the merge and cut. With merge n cut the audio was sometimes out of synch and for some reason always seemed to have to reencode the vid, but using "source range" I have yet to have aud synch probs or have to reencode. From there just burn with Nero
          Feathery fudge chocolate cake with white chocolate and pistachio buttercream!

Comment

• jacko
            • Mar 2002

for future reference b4 you start encoding in dvdx in the output section tell dvdx the size of the cd you want to burn to and it will cut you rip to the exact size

Comment

Working...