Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andyg
    • Apr 2002

VCD playback problems

I have a really weird problem. I have downloaded a significant number of MPEG format files and successfully burned them to disk in order to play on my DVD player. Yes, it actually plays them. It's an ALBA model DVD 103 that I have had for about a year and a half now. Anyway, the disks that I have downloaded as MPEG format play fine. Recently, I have tried my hand at converting DivX files to MPEG. I thought I was doing okay until I played them on my DVD player. Every so often the picture seems to speed up - as if someone has taken out frames of the film and leaves the sound trailing behind. Then, the picture jumps back into sync with the sound. The strange thing is, when I play the MPEG on my PC it plays fine and even stranger, so does the disk that I have just burned to. What is happening? Is it the DVD player or am I doing something wrong? Anybody else had this problem? Confused...
  • Batman
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2002

Perhaps you may wnat to "clean" your dvd player, with a commercial kit.

Is the cd-r media the same for succusful and unsuccesful movies? Have you selected the proper format: e.g. NTSC or NTSC frame. Check the framerate of your divx before converting.

Comment

• andyg
      • Apr 2002

Tried cleaning DVD player - made no difference. Other disks work fine. Tried same disks as used before - same problem. Original source is 23.976fps (NTSC film) so I used the NTSC film template in TMPGEnc to encode to MPEG (If I'd have used the PAL template, it would simply have put in a duplicate frame making playback a little bit jerky) NTSC is fine since DVD & TV accept PAL and NTSC fine. Anything else you can suggest? Have visited VCDhelp.com but all that says is ALBA DVD103 accepts CDR & CDRW fine.

Comment

• Batman
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Jan 2002

Try a cd-rw? Try creating SVCD's? Chelly suggest another template from vcdhelp.com
        Last edited by Batman; 4 May 2002, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Working...