X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dreaddy
    • May 2002

Divx To VCD conversion help

Hello.

I am trying to convert a Divx AVI file to VCD. I went to VCDhelp and followed their suggested method. Which does not work in this case. I think I know why, but I don't know how to correct it. Maybe you can help.

My Divx video information (per virtual dub) is:

frame size: 352x240, 14.985 fps
    Decompressor: Divx codec 4.12

Now when I view or process this file in TMPenc I am not able to see video. I think it may be because frame rate is 14.985

I use Virtualdub to process and convert frame rate to 29.970, which allows me to see and process video in TMPenc however a/v is out of sync (Video runs faster than audio).

Can someone please help me here. How can I convert this Divx video to VCD format and keep audio and video in sync (no pun intended)......

Thanks in advance.
  • erandre
    • Feb 2002

You could try to extract the audio from the DivX to WAV, using GraphEdit or VirtualDub. Then select the DivX (with the 14.985 framerate) as video source in TempEnc. Then select the WAV-file as audio source. Select the template for NTSC VCD and convert it to MPG. I've used this method with DivX with framerate 15fps and converted it to NTSC VCD with great result. No sync probs.
    Post a reply with your result...

Comment

• dreaddy
      • May 2002

Originally posted by erandre
      You could try to extract the audio from the DivX to WAV, using GraphEdit or VirtualDub. Then select the DivX (with the 14.985 framerate) as video source in TempEnc. Then select the WAV-file as audio source. Select the template for NTSC VCD and convert it to MPG. I've used this method with DivX with framerate 15fps and converted it to NTSC VCD with great result. No sync probs.
      Post a reply with your result...
      Thank you for your response.

Your suggestion is almost the same as what is offered on the VCDHelp site. Chances are that I could have made mistakes so I will try again if my current attempt fails.

My new method is as follows:

VirtualDub setup

Video: Direct stream and Framerate change so Video and Audio durations match (14.985 fps). Note: the "match" value is fixed and assigned to the current video fps value.

Audio: Direct stream and AVI.

Save avi.

The end result is an AVI with an apparent corrected a/v sync.
      I am now able to see the video in TMPGenc,
      I have loaded the Video-CD NTSC video template and I am processing the new AVI with TMPGenc to a VCD Mpeg.

The results are....

Playback of the resulting VideoCD Mpeg file, shows a/v in sync. I am confident that this will burn nicely to a CD. If not I will post my results.

Comment

Working...