Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rmhiggins
    • May 2002

avi video to vcd?

I`ve downloaded several films which are detailed as follows (for example): K-Pax.DVDRip.DivX-DOMiNiON.disc.1of2, the properties are 640 pixels x 272 pixels, 181kbps bit rate, audio format MPEG Layer-3, frame rate 23frames/second, data rate 197kbps, video sample size 24 bit, video compression DivX codec.

I`ve tried using Ulead movie making factory which seems to convert them on to VCD, but after watching about 30 - 40 minutes that audio repeats itself over the video redering it usless to watch.

How can I convert this format to VCD and keep the video and audio in sync throughout the film?

Can any of you intelligent people out there help me?

Thank you in anticipation,
    Richard Higgins
  • cheftaz
    • Apr 2002

try using tmpgenc to convert to vcd
    Feathery fudge chocolate cake with white chocolate and pistachio buttercream!

Comment

• rmhiggins
      • May 2002

Thanks for your input, but....... when opening the avi with TMPGEnc an error message comes up, `can not open, or supported`. I think that this has something to do with the fact that the properties of the avi (as listed in original posting) are MPEG Layer-3. What do you think? Any other suggestions would be welcome. Thanks.

Comment

• cheftaz
        • Apr 2002

Make sure you have codecs divx3.11alpha
        divx5.02bundle
        If it still won't work try and load file into virtualdub and click
        file>file properties and post all info it gives you. lots of people will be able to help with such info
        Feathery fudge chocolate cake with white chocolate and pistachio buttercream!

Comment

• Mac Sidewinder
          Platinum Member
          Platinum Member
          • Apr 2002

You can try a prog called DVD2SVCD (it supports avi input and vcd output also). It also supports divx inputs. Find it at www.doom9.org

Mac

Comment

• Head Hunter
            • Apr 2002

If the audio is VBR mp3 it is not supported, you will have to extract it using VirtualDub to an uncompressed WAV, then use that as the audio input.

Comment

• Batman
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • Jan 2002

TMPGEnc is incompatible with divx 5.xx

Load the file into Virtualdub, post the "file information" and any errors or prompts you may encounter.

Comment

• rmhiggins
                • May 2002

Hey Batman, thanks for that. Here`s the information that came up. Upon opening the avi file the first thing that came up was:

VBR audio stream detected. Virtual Dud has detected an inproper VBR audio encoding in the source AVI file and will rewrite the audio header with standard CBR values during processing for better compatability. This may introduce up tp 6186 ms of skew from the video stream. If this is unacceptable, decompress the *entire* audio stream to an uncompressed WAV file and recompress with a constant bitrate encoder (bitrate 181.1 +- 17.5kbps)

Then after clicking on O.K I got the AVI information that you suggested and this is what it said:

Video stream:
                Frame size. fps 640x272, 23.976fps (41708ms)
                # of frames (time): 86574 (1:00:10)
                Decompressor: DivX ; -) MPEG-4 low motion
                Number of key frames: 682
                Min/avg/max/total key frame size: 857/19609/91247 (13061K)
                Min/avg/max/total delta frame size: 87/7344/101528 (616031K)

Audio stream:
                Sampling rate: 48000Hz
                Channels: 2 (Stereo)
                Sample precision: 0-bit
                Compression: Fraunhofer IIS MPEG layer-3 Codec
                Preload skew: 384 samples (0.01s)
                # of frames: 150451
                Min\avg\max\total frame size: 96\545\960 (80117K)

Now if all this means something to you then, I bow to your superior Knowledge and await you suggestions.
                If I do have to decompress and recompress, can you suggest a user friendly software and way of doing it.

Again, I thank you in anticipation.
                Richard

Comment

• Batman
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  • Jan 2002

"Now if all this means something to you then, I bow to your superior Knowledge and await you suggestions.
                  If I do have to decompress and recompress, can you suggest a user friendly software and way of doing it.

Again, I thank you in anticipation. "

You're welcome, a fitting tribute to my knowledge

Anyways, many people encounter this. Setarip has explained an extremely, user friendly way, and it should be very easy, scroll down this thread (which I am linking) and read the relevant post:

You'll need Setarip's 4 th post I believe. But you'll know.

Comment

• T-Cube
                    • Oct 2002

If you install TMPGEnc.. You must re-install most of the codecs to be recognized in TMPGEnc... Just make sure you do that before you start wining about TMPGEnc being a bad prog... Because it is the best..
                    I also use DVD2SVCD in combination with TMPGEnc and it works like a charm..

T-Cube
                    --------------------------------------------------------------
                    My Graditude Is Even Bigger Than My ****!?!?!!
                    --------------------------------------------------------------
                    At every wedding my grandma's were poking me and saying 'You're next'. They stopped doing that when i started doing the same thing on funerals.

Comment

Working...