• Show
Clear All
  • a1sy
    • May 2002

CCE problem.Need help

Just want to try CCE encoder.
    But after installation I'm trying to open AVI file and getting :
    "D:\AviVideos\FileName.avi is not a ECL for Sinema Craft Encoder SP"

Any ideas? I can open and encode this file in TMPGenc and see this file in PowerDVD or WinMediaPlayer, but not in CCE.

Thanks
    Sergey
  • KETAN
    • May 2002

CCE is a junk. I have burnt my fingers in trying to figure out CCE. Stick to Tmpg. The quality in CCE may be superior by 5% but is not worth the trouble.

Comment

• SiFi
      • Jun 2002

what version of cce you got? cce doesnt like divx3 sometimes

Comment

• KETAN
        • May 2002

I have tried CCE 2.50 as well as CCE 2.62. Nothing work. Though when I tried to make SVCD of one chapter only, it worked and gave a quality 10% better than Tmpg. It was visible on PC but do not think that it is that visible on standalone.
        I am not sure what is Divx3 that you are referring to.
        Now I am trying to get the best out of Tmpg and welcome any suggestion.
        CCE makes first a 'vaf' which takes quite a long time then real real encoding starts. Totally it takes 25% more time than Tmpg and less stability also.
        CCE gives 4 passes which in Tmpg is 2passVBR which I am not sure how to take to 4passVBR.

KETAN

Comment

• Head Hunter
          • Apr 2002

In CCE you can drag the AVI in or right-click add avi files, when you click on open it looks foran ecl file.

@KETAN
          You have been talking a lot of trash about CCE, even though you say it gives better quality. I'm sorry you had trouble with it, but there is no reason to talk trash in every thread about it.
          Don't take this the wrong way, I would be a little pissed if I were you also, but I just don't like seeing a piece of software that most people swear by talked down upon. It prevents people for experimenting, and thus not getting the highest quality rips they can.
          Last edited by Head Hunter; 2 Jun 2002, 05:35 AM.

Comment

• KETAN
            • May 2002

I agree, Head Hunter.
            But I am sharing my experience with the facts and experiments I have been doing. I also believe that I express my views (though straight forward) and experiences in relevant threads only and precisely that is the very purpose of the forum. Like in this thread I simply expressed my experience with both the encoders which may be useful to others. In the process I may correct my mistakes also.
            But you are right that I may not be too harsh.
            Thanks

Comment

Working...