My first post (a newb question of course)!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Modulus
    • Jun 2002

My first post (a newb question of course)!

Hi everyone... Glad I found this site... Looks like there is a lot of helpful info floating around.

Anyway, I've got a question for yaz... I downloaded an ISO and burned it onto a Fujifilm 700MB CD. The format is MPEG-2, and yea, everything should be hunky-dory. My problem is this... When I slap that VCD into my DVD player (Panasonic RP56) I have to watch this movie with 2x FF (fastforward for the abbreviationally challenged) in order to get a decent picture with audio. What I mean is... When I play at normal speed I get a fraction of a second of video and audio, but then everything stops and I have to sit and watch this still image for a second before it starts again... This problem seems to repeat throughout the VCD. Watching it with 2x FF is OK, but I have to deal with reduced fps, which is really annoying. It just seems wierd to me that it plays better while ff'ing than playing at normal speed. Did I screw something up?

I used nero, to burn the iso image to my Fujifilm CD... My DVD player supports MPEG2 VCD's. I don't know what else I can tell you about this, so I'll cross my fingers and hope someone can help.

Thanks, and I look forward to browsing these boards for months to come!
  • Modulus
    • Jun 2002

This is probably unrelated, but the mpeg won't run on my computer... I have all the proper codec's... Not a big deal.

Also, could this be a sync problem? I don't know anything about this, but when watching the VCD its almost like it's having problems linking one frame to the next or something... Ah well, nevermind. It's probably not that at all.

Comment

Working...