Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LilCalvin
    • Apr 2002

Audio compressions in TMPGEnc

Recently, I had gotten a very good copy of A Beautiful Mind as a DivX and was trying to make it into a VCD. My first try yeilded no audio, so I had the audio come from a separate source on the second try. When I played it back, the audio was steadily getting out of sync with the video to a point where the audio cut out all together. I later realized that when i had taken the audio from the original file, it wasn't all of it, so, naturally, i fixed that too.

Eventually, i fixed the sync problem but by the time i had, i was out of space on my hard drive and this VCD attempt fell by the wayside. Now that I have the space, I am attempting to try again. (Just wait, there is a question in the near future!)

Not but 5 minutes ago, I open the file in VDub and found that the audio is in MP3 format!! Is there a way to have TMPGEnc convert an MP3 source or do i need to convert it to a .wav? I don't remember how I had the audio last time I had gotten it right, but i know i went through a lot of hell getiing it! I don't feel like going through it again.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

If the audiostream is Constant Bit Rate (CBR) MPEG3, you can use it directly with TMPGEnc.

If the audiostream is Variable Bit rate (VBR) MPEG3, you'll have to convert it to either .WAV format or CBR-MPEG3 format...

Comment

• CoWbOyPoEt
      Gold Member
      Gold Member
      • Apr 2002

I dontknow about a AVI, butI have loaded an Mpeg with an MP3 Audio,and it converted to VCD without any problems...
      AMD 2800 Barth
      1024 Gig DDR Ram
      NVidea G-Force 5600 Pro 128 MB
      Onboard sound
      2 x 80 Gig Hard Drives
      lite-On LTR 16102 B
      lite-on DVDRW LDW-851S

Comment

Working...