Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drongo22
    • Jun 2002

virtual dub audio compression :(

I have a divX that tmpg would not recognize the audio, just was blank when I selected the video source.

I followed a guide on another posting and saved a 'wav' using virual dub, now I cant compress it ! the error i get is compression you have selected is not compatible with the input source..check sampling rate/channel count.

When i looked at file information for audio it says 48000, 5ch (stereo), unknown (tag 2000). The video plays back fine so I am half way there hehe

Thanks Paul.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Your audio (tag 2000) is in .AC3 format. In order to properly convert this to a format acceptable to TMPGEnc, do the following:
    **IMPORTANT - VirtualDub v.1.4AC3 is a specific MODIFIED version of VirtualDub!

Load the .AVI file into VirtualDub v.1.4C-AC3, set "Video" to "Direct Stream Copying" and select (under "File") "Save .WAV/.AC3" - and save as .AC3 (IMPERATIVE to save as .AC3!).

Despite the fact that .AC3 file extracted using VDub-AC3 doesn't play properly, PX3AC3Converter will do a perfect job of converting it to .WAV format.

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• drongo22
      • Jun 2002

will give it a whirl

I did have some success using dvtools on the svcd in question though......I merged spider 1,2,3 and cut the file into 4 chunks roughly 600Mb a piece. I then used TMPG to create a mpeg 1 file, for some reason the 600MB chunks created with dvtools were OK with tmpg ie. both audio and video streams were recognised.

The problem is if i play the 600MB chunks created with DVtools the synchronisation is perfect. Yet when i imported a 600MB chunk into TMPG and converted it to mpeg1 the audio/video loses syncronisation after a few minutes playback.

I am slowly going bald pp I have a DVD writer and 'dreamed' of created a dvd from the 3 svcd files. But you guessed it! the authoring software said non valid DVD format, that was after demuxing svcd .... groan .....

Paul

Comment

Working...