Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • inliner
    • Jun 2002

DVDx 1.8a and XP prob

I have a problem using DVDx 1.8a (P4 or not P4 version) on my IBM A31 with Win XP Pro.
    After opening the IFO and choosing the input options, when I click the OK button the program hangs.
    Do anyone know what's the cause of this? And a remedy?
  • Rhiannan777
    • Jun 2002

dvdx

well heres a hint for ya'. I'm running the same os and the same program and with most dvds u can straight encode to mpg1,2, or avi by accessing the dvd root instead of ripping the whole deal first. sometimes it's the only way to get the movie file, cuz some of them when u rip them u get the director's commontary instead of the movie sound track that u actually want. ok so what u do is this: instead of going to ifo files, go to dvd root, and sometimes theres only one listed and sometimes several, look for the one that is the longest playing time. that one is the movie. then set everything else up the same as u would normally, except i found that to make a vcd u want to change the size where it tells you to set it for "x" min per cd, chang that setting to custome and make it 700mb then make it detect the whole file like normal ect ect ect. do everything else the same and it will straight encode right off the dvd, but got to warn ya' depending on how long the movie is, this could take some time. a 2.5 hour movie will take like 6 hours but when ur done u get a perfect copy and if u set the output to mpg1 ur all set to make ur vcd with any cd burning program that lets u make them, just drag and drop baby and there u go... now if i could just find a way around those tricky ones that have the dual audio encoded into them, straight encoding dosnt work, nor dose ripping, least not with the dvdx program it dosnt, the sound comes out choppy, perfect pic, but broken sound. tried staight vid capture got great results except the file was huge and obviously thats not usable, not when its over 20gb in size at half way threw the movie.. still trying to figure out how to get this one tricky double audio one done so i have a deceint copy. should be interesting to see if i can find a way around that. any ideas would be welcome though.

Comment

Working...