Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • posh
    • Jun 2002

Language Codes

I have been encoding VCD for "quite" some time now, for a few years, and today I started wondering, after getting a new load, that all had more than ONE language...

HOW or WHERE can I see or check anything about what the code is for the language I wish to encode.
    I just encoded a movie, and it turned out that I had ripped the SPANISH soundtrack - great - once again - after that it was swedish - good lord.... so - is there anyway to check B E F O R E one encodes? Are there Standards to the x80 x81 etc etc codes somewere to be found ?

I hope someone can help me ut here.

posh!:
  • Batman
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2002

Assuming you ripped from dvd---read the guides at divx-digest.com and doom9.org and search this forum they should give you a solid footing in this matter.

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

If you simply "Open DVD" under Flask v.0.594 (or any later version that supports "Open DVD") and select the main movie .IFO, you'll see a sequential listing of language streams. Although they're not numbered, the first is 0x80, then 0x81, etc....

Comment

• posh
        • Jun 2002

... yes! I KNOW about the codes - but is there a standrad for that ie. 80 is UK 81 is german etc. ??

That's what I mean ?

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

No...

Comment

Working...