Win MediaPlayer 7.0 does not play sound from VCD???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KarenB
    • Aug 2002

Win MediaPlayer 7.0 does not play sound from VCD???

Can someone tell me what I have to check or change to make the audio portion of my VCD play? (Yes my speakers are on and volume controls are all turned up LOL)

On my home PC I used a free VCD player called Ravi's VCD Plater. It worked great. It did not work on my work PC so I'm giving it a go with WMP. No clue here???
  • Batman
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2002

First of all try WMP 6.4 instead.

Another vcd capable player is Zoomplayer I believe, which is available as a free download.

Comment

• KarenB
      • Aug 2002

Tried that already- am getting new error

Tried the earlier version first - no sound. I can listen to a music CD with no problem. I have tried several free downloaded players - the 2 that were not corrupt (installation problems) did not play the VCD's sound either (Zoom included).
      I downloaded the Microsoft Component checker (eeFadeH error or something like that), it says I have a MDAC (Microsoft Data Access) problem with something involving OLE. I am leery of getting involved in messing with that stuff. I can't locate the Win98 CD for my puter (who knows where boss has it). This is getting so involved for just wanting to watch a freakin' movie on my lunchbreak LOL!! Has anyone ever been down this road before or am I just cursed?? Any advice (besides get a new computer LOL)

Comment

Working...