Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tcrock
    • Nov 2002

SVCD audio and size problems

Hi, I encoded some DivX movies into mpeg2 using TMPGenc, and the mpegs are fine when I play them on my computer, correct widescreen format, and audio fine and in sync.

However I burnt them onto an SVCD using nero, and when I play them back using my DVD player the audio is about a second behind the video. The other slightly annoying thing is that the video has been cropped to a fill a normal TV screen.

I mainly want to fix the audio as its really annoying, but it would be nice if I could fix the video too, so that it plays in widescreen on my TV, rather than chopping off the sides.

any ideas what might be causing this?
    PS, the files on the SVCD also play ok on the computer, its just on the DVD player they are out..
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Change audio frequemcy to 44,100Hz

Set "Video arrange method" to "Center (keep aspect ratio)"

Comment

• tcrock
      • Nov 2002

thanks, that makes sense, it should fix the video, but the audio was at 44,100 when I encoded it, any other ideas on fixing the sound?

Comment

• tcrock
        • Nov 2002

splitting the mpeg

It seems to be something to do with the way I split the mpeg2 file after it was encoding, when I burned it without splitting it was ok. I guess I'll use TMPgenc to split it during encoding ie. using lots of projects, for reference I was using DVTool to do the splitting of the mpeg,

The video still isnt fixed though, If I use centre (keep aspect ratio) then it doesnt fill the screen horizontally (although it is letterboxed as I want) and If I have full screen (keep aspect ratio) then the picture is stretched upwards to fill the screen, (ie people look talller and thinner) how can I keep the letterbox format, and make it fill the screen horizontally?
        If it matters I'm in the UK (a PAL region)
        Last edited by tcrock; 16 Nov 2002, 05:00 AM.

Comment

Working...