Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mello_yello
    • Jan 2003

VCD Help

Could anyone help me with this problem? I have various avi files on my computer and have used nero to make vcd's. Unfortunately these vcd's dont actually work on my DVD player (Sony DVP-NS300). I borrowed a vcd of someone b4 that had used nero to make the vcd and that one worked. Y doesnt it work for me?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanx

• datmany2k
    • Jan 2003

The only reason I can think of is that the files that you are using to make VCD's are not VCD compliant and therefore won't play, even if you do convert them using the plug-in for Nero, and if you're talking about a DivX file, you should probably convert the DivX file into a S/VCD compliant mpeg format since avi's dont usually work NEwayz... but yeah... there are guides to do this conversion, one eing this: http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/ar...genc_svcd.html if you want to try it out.

~DatManDoo

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

Standalone players (and especially Sonys) are "finicky" about which brands of CD-R they will recognize. Try to use the same brand as those that you've successfully played...

Comment

• mello_yello
        • Jan 2003

i don't know what make the disk was that worked, so does anyone know a make that will actually work on a sony?

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

Check the capabilities of your specific make and model of standalone player at:

Video forums, video software downloads, guides, blu-ray players and media.

Comment

• mello_yello
            • Jan 2003

thanx m8! the problem was the disks! sorted now!

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

"thanx m8!"

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

Working...