Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DPGC
    • Jan 2003

VCD playback upsidedown

I downloaded an AVI file and it plays fine in Windows Media Player. I went to encode it with TMPGEnc but I got the settings wrong (it gave a message that the audio was wrong). I let Nero encode and burn but the CD plays upside down in my DVD player and in Windows Media Player. I also have Easy CD Creator to burn with. Can anyone tell me what settings to use on TMPGEnc or how else I could fix this? Thanks.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

1) Load the file into VirtualDub

2) From the "File" dropdown menu, select "File Information"

3) Post (here) EVERYTHING you see (both video and audio information), or post a screen capture .jpg of the information box

Comment

• DPGC
      • Jan 2003

VCD info

Video

Frame size = 352x288,25.000 fps (40000us)
      # of frames (time) =22048 (14:41)
      # of I,P,B frames= 1470/5880/14698
      I frame min/avg/max/total frame size= 2002/11511/27907(16526k)
      P frame min/avg/max/total frame size= 260/7314/18885(41999k)
      B " " = 176/4545/14265 (65244k)
      Average Bitrate= 1150 Kbps (141Kb/s)

Audio

Format= 44KHz stereo, 224 Kbps layer II
      # of frames = 33753
      total size= 24110k

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

I was referring to the .AVI file...

Comment

• DPGC
          • Jan 2003

For the AVI file

Video

Frame size fps= 352x288,12.500 fps (80000 us)
          # of frames= 45277 (1:00:22)
          Decompressor= MS MPEG4 3688 V3
          # of key frames= 363
          Min/avg/max/total key frame size= 1941/5836/14215 (2070k)
          " " " " delta frame size= 0/2967/29977 (130144k)

Audio

Sampling rate= 2400 Hz
          Channels= 2 (Stereo)
          Sample precision = 0 bit
          Compression= unknown (tag 0055)
          Preload skew= 3124 samples (.13s)
          # of frames= 45270
          Min/avg/max/total= 402/560/3124 (24761k)

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

**Make CERTAIN to perform these VirtualDub steps in the indicated sequence!

1) Load the file into VirtualDub

2) Set "Video" to "Direct Stream Copy"

3) From the "File" dropdown menu, select "Save WAV" - and enter a new filename with a .WAV extender (This will create a separate Uncompressed audio file)

4) From the "Audio" dropdown menu, select "No audio"

5) From the "File" dropdown menu, select "Save AVI" - and save with a new filename with a .AVI extender This will create a silent video file

Load these two new files into TMPGEnc for conversion.

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• DPGC
              • Jan 2003

Can you tell me what settings I should have on TMPGEnc? I encoded a file with it before but when I went to burn it, Nero said it still wasn't in the right format. Any ideas are greatly appreciated and thanks for the help already.

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

"I encoded a file with it before but when I went to burn it, Nero said it still wasn't in the right format"

In NERO, click on the VideoCD icon. Then click on the "Video CD" tab. Then UNcheck "Create standard compliant CD".

"Can you tell me what settings I should have on TMPGEnc?"

To create a VCD:

1) Load .AVI file into TMPGEnc
                2) Set to "System Video and Audio" (lower right side)
                3) Click on "Setting" radio button
                4) Click on "System" tab, change mode to "MPEG1-VideoCD" (from default of "MPEG1")
                5) Click on "Advanced" tab, change "Video arrange method" to "Center (Custom Size"), change dimensions to 352x288 or 352x240
                6) Change "Source aspect ratio" to either "4:3 525 line (NTSC 704x480)", "4:3 525 line (NTSC)", or "16:9 525 line (NTSC)" - If you're in the PAL world choose either of the two similar PAL settings instead
                7) Under the "Video" tab, change the dimensions to 352x288 or 352x240 (Note: "Video" tab mode of "MPEG1" is okay) - set "Motion Search Precision" to "Normal Quality". Change the "Aspect Ratio" to match, as closely as possible, the "Source Aspect Ratio" you set under the "Advanced" tab.
                8) Change "Rate Control Mode" to "Automatic VBR (CQ_VBR)"
                9) Under the "Audio" tab, set to 44,100 224Kbps
                10) Press "Start"

Note that if your video runs longer than 70-80 minutes, you'll have to subsequently split your VCD-MPG file in two. This too can be easily and precisely accomplished using TMPGEnc. Under the "Files" dropdown menu, click on "MPEG Tools" and select the "Merge & Cut" tab. Once again, make sure to change the mode to "MPEG1-Video CD". Load your file and enter a new (.MPG) name in the "Output file" box. Then doubleclick on the ORIGINAL file's name in the window, which will bring you to the cutting area. Select your desired start and end points for the first half, click on "Okay" which will bring you back to the first window and generate (in a sequence of three automated steps) the first new file. To create the second new file, repeat the steps starting with "Then doubleclick on the ORIGINAL..." (be extra patient with the second half, as the program has to do more seeking to establish the beginning of the new file).

Use a burning program, such as NERO to burn your CD-R or R/W CD as a VCD (DON'T ask NERO to format the file as a VCD, since you've already accomplished this!)

Comment

• DPGC
                  • Jan 2003

Well I just tried the VCD I made using all these steps and IT WORKED on my standalone DVD player. Thank you for all the help. One more question though. Will the sequence of steps found on this thread work for all video files that need to be burnt, or just for AVI files? Is there a different method if I download something already in a MPEG audio/video stream? And then what would be the settings on TMPGEnc and Nero?

Thanks Again.

Comment

• setarip
                    Retired
                    • Dec 2001

"Well I just tried the VCD I made using all these steps and IT WORKED on my standalone DVD player. Thank you for all the help."

My pleasure ;>}

"Is there a different method if I download something already in a MPEG audio/video stream?"

Nope. Just distinguish between MPEG1 (Use MPEG1-VideoCD mode) and MPEG2 (Use MPEG2-SuperVideoCD mode)...

Comment

• thunderburn
                      • Feb 2003

http://www.dvd2svcd.org/ use this program its a all in one and it has a place to fip video upside down which would be right side up for ya im suprised i dont hear more people talking ablout this i use no5thing but this for avi a dvd use

Comment

Working...