• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DigitalDuma
    • Feb 2003

Another newbie asking questions =)

OK i got this movie Hero and here is the .nfo of it
    RUNTiME.......[ 93 Minutes
    FORMAT........[ SVCD ANAMORPHiC WS (480x576, 25.00 FPS)
    ViDEO: 2186kbit AVG. 4-PASS VBR CCE
    AUDiO: 224kbits 44.1khz

Now my dvd player is Ntsc only i suppose because this is PAL right?

When i put this in my dvd player i get scrolling screen. I can see the subtitles and the sound but the visuals are all flickery and stuff.

I looked through out the forum im sure i missed the threads i should of looked at but

How would i go about converting this to Ntsc.

I have burned both of these Disks already.

There are no region hacks i looked i have a Phillips 701. I looked on vcd help and what they had u had to have a transmitter or something.
  • rman
    • Jan 2003

It does need to be reconverted. Sounds like the movie is in the pal format. As you probably already know NTSC Is

480x480 resolution
    29.97 Frames / second
    2520 max MPEG2 bitrate
    Whatever you would like to reencode it with is fine. But first you must take the file, and remove all SVCD padding. I found MPEGTOOL works great for this. VCD GEAR may even work i have never tried it. I usually use TMPGEnc for reencoding but you can use whatever you please

Comment

• DigitalDuma
      • Feb 2003

Tmpgenc wont even open the mpeg when i extract it from the vcd bin.

I opened the herodisk1.bin opened the mpegav folder and extraced the

xxxx.mpg

or whatever it was i forget.

Once i extracted it tmpgenc wont even open the file.

I tried opened it from the vcd nope.

So i just tried to burn that mpg in nero making vcd.

It was checking it then said that it had to be converted from 25fps to whatever one i told me (sorry i cant remember i guesse 29.

So anyway it started to do this but it did not finish until 3hours later. It did percentage little by little over 3 hours and then it started to burn.

My question now is , is there a quicker way? Or was i being a newb with tmpgenc it would not read it.

Comment

• rman
        • Jan 2003

I don't know of any quicker way there could be somone else may know. I also found that sometimes TMPGEnc won't open the files unless another program starts to play them and then it gets paused. I use media player to do this. If i don't start to play the file with something else i get an error that says something along the line of unsuported or corrupt file. but if i play it, then pause it TMPGEnc works fine and i can recovert it to whatever. It usually takes me 3 hours or more to convert a movie as well.

I have

Intel Celeron 1Ghz
        256 MB DDR Ram
        40 GB HDD + 30GD HDD
        Geforce 4 MX440 Video

Faster machines probably will do this faster but can't say for sure. I can't speculate on what i don't have. Converting video takes time. and requires some horsepower that much i do know

Comment

Working...