Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brentconn
    • Mar 2003

VCD's won't play on Win 2000!

This is what I use to make vcd's. Smartripper, DVD2AVI, TMPGEnc. and Nero. I make these on my home computer which is Win XP. The vcd's play great on my XP compputer and they play great on my stand alone dvd player. When I take them to another computer that has Win 2000, they will not play! I have tried every vcd player out there. Is there something I need to do before it will play in win 2000? Is there something I need to change in the .DAT file of the vcd? Is there a conflict between win 2000 and XP? This is wierd!!!!!! Help!!!
  • Batman
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2002

Have you tried dragging and dropping or simply playing the dat file in WMP 6.4?

For vcd playback I like to use YEAHPLAYER. A software dvd player can also be used.

If it does not seem to work in a cd drive, try playing it on a PC with a dvd rom drive on a software media player or dvd player.

If all else fails, then utilize ISOBUSTER to extract the .dat file.

Comment

• brentconn
      • Mar 2003

I have even tried powerdvd but it still doesn't play. Where can I download WMP 6.4? There has to be an explanation as to why it will play on my XP but not on win 2k.

Comment

• Batman
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Jan 2002

In the run dialog box simply write mplayer2.exe and press the enter key

Comment

Working...