Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ryoong01
    • Apr 2003

playing SVCD .BIN image from HD

I want to play SVCD .BIN images dirrectly from my HD rather than burning them to a CDR first. I want to do this so I can watch the movie first, and then decide if I want to keep it. I heard you could use Daemon Tools to mount the image in a virtual drive, but I've only been able to watch one movie this way. Every other set of SVCD images that I've tried cause WMP and Zoom Player to sit on a loading screen for a very long time. If I try to close then them, they exit, but my CPU usage and memery usage stay abnormally high so I have to restart my computer. Attempting to play the AQSWQ01.DAT file from the dirrectly from the mounted image cuases similar problems

The only work around I have figured out is, still using Daemon tool to mount the image, and use VCDtools to convert the AVSEQ01.DAT file into a mpeg file but this take a while and isn't ideal.

any ideas?
    thanks
    -ryoong
  • Batman
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2002

What version of Daemon Tools are you using? I have had no problems with v 3.17. You might want to make sure you have the latest version.

Have you tried playing your image files in Daemon Tools on a software dvd player such as WINDVD/POWERDVD.

Comment

• gd_nimrod
      • Nov 2002

Re: playing SVCD .BIN image from HD

Originally posted by ryoong01
      Every other set of SVCD images that I've tried cause WMP and Zoom Player to sit on a loading screen for a very long time.
      There's your problem. Do as batman suggested with either PowerDVD or WinDVD.
      Did you know you can SEARCH the forum? Fixes common problems too:
      http://forum.digital-digest.com/search.php

Also search on the whole Digital-Digest website:
      http://www.digital-digest.com/search.html

Comment

Working...