Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blackhawk66
    • Jan 2002

Jvc Xv-511bk

Does anyone have experience with the JVC XV-511BK standalone player? I have made several VCDs but they will not play, even though the player says it will play VCDs. I have read on this forum that not all brands of CD-Rs are compatible with all players. Anyone know what brand is compatible with the JVC?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

You should be able to find the answer at this site:

Video forums, video software downloads, guides, blu-ray players and media.

Comment

• blackhawk66
      • Jan 2002

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, I have checked that site and it only has the XV-521 listed. From the specs listed in the reviews there, it sounds like the 521 handles more formats than the 511, whose manual specifically says it will not read CD-R. It is supposed to handle VCD, and maybe it does, but not burned ones.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"the 511, whose manual specifically says it will not read CD-R"

Don't accept anything at face value! The docs for the Sony DVP-S360 also specifically state that it won't recognize CD-Rs, but I've been blissfully burning music CDs and VCDs (not SVCDs) on both Prime Peripherals and ArtMedia brand CD-Rs - and playing them on that finicky standalone DVD player for approximately two years!

The two brands I mentioned and Princo seem to have the highest rate of acceptability by "finicky" standalones. You should also be aware that most of the standalones are very happy to accept R/W CDs of both music and VCDs.

Comment

• blackhawk66
          • Jan 2002

I have tried CD-RW's with no success. But thanks for the recommendation of brands of CD-R's that might work. I'll try them.

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

Best of luck on the hunt ;>}

Comment

Working...