Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wegahiemer
    • Dec 2002

jerky playback

I burnt an image of a svcd using nero, now when I try to play it back on my Panasonic DVD-RV32 the playback is very jerky. If I skip ahead then sometimes the video will start to playback smooth but I will have no audio.

The cds work fine when I play them on my computer.

Any help please
  • Fetchdaferret
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Oct 2002

Try changing the cd-r. use a better quality and burn at slower speed. CD-Rom devices have a good error-correction, and are capable of very precise reading of treashy cds. Most dvd players are not. At which speed did you toast it?

are sure the image is all right? Maybe the streams werent multiplexed properly.

Comment

• Wegahiemer
      • Dec 2002

I burnt the cd at 40x and yes the image appears to be fine as it works when I play it on my computer.

Comment

• Fetchdaferret
        Gold Member
        Gold Member
        • Oct 2002

huh!

Never EVER burn svcds or vcds at such high speeds!!

As you might have realized, an ordinary cd-r can contain 13% more video data when burned in vcd or svcd mode- this is because resources which are normally reserved for error correction are also written with video data, cause the vcd format is error tolerante- but this doesn`t mean, that you don`t see those errors. Especially if you use a cheap media, way more errors appear at high recording speeds.

So try toasting your image at 8x ! IF your problem is caused by the recording speed, you should see improvement here...

Comment

Working...