Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • equad
    • Jul 2003

Problems playing SVCD

I made a SVCD using a file i converted to mpeg-2, then burned to cd using nero. When i try to play this in the dvd player, it plays for a second, then pauses, then plays, then pauses, ect... Ive tried burning it faster and slower and encoding the files with diffrent software but have had no luck.... Anyone know what im doing wrong?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"I made a SVCD using a file i converted to mpeg-2, then burned to cd using nero."

1) Does this mean that you first created a "plain vanilla" MPEG-2 file and used NERO to BOTH convert the file to MPEG-2SuperVideoCD format and burn it?

If so, try using TMPGEnc to first create an MPEG-2SuperVideoCD file - and then use NERO only to BURN as SVCD (since you'll already have created the proerly formatted file)

2) Have you previously successfully played SVCDs on your standalone player? (Not all standalones can play SVCDs)

3) Have you tried a different brand of media? (Many standalone DVD players are "finicky" about which brands of CD-R they're willing to recognize)

Comment

• equad
      • Jul 2003

-I have been using TMPGenc to convert my files to mpegs, not nero. I used the super video-cd feature

-I have never been able to properly play a SVCD in my player, only normal VCD, but that seems to work fine. I also tried the SVCD in my other player and it acts the same way.

-I tried 2 brands(tdk and memorex). Both gave me the same messed up result.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Chances are that neither of your standalone DVD players is capable of playing SVCDs. To determine the capabilities/limitations of your specific brand and model of standalone DVD players, go to:

http://www.dvdrhelp.com./

Comment

• equad
          • Jul 2003

thx, ur right, it said my dvd player does not support it.

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"thx, ur right"

My pleasure ;>} - but sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings...

Comment

Working...