Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vissim
    • Aug 2003

Playback of VCD, Audio issue

I have some movies on VCD but the playback audio is out of sync with the video. I've been told that the DVD player can be the cause of this but I have a new Toshiba SD 330 which does play VCD/SVCD. Any suggestions ??? Any way of editing the fil one it's been created to re-do the sound ??

It's dirivng me crazy as getting a new player is not a viable option.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"Any way of editing the fil one it's been created to re-do the sound ??"

TMPGEnc...

Comment

• MurphmanL
      • Aug 2003

Hey im having the EXACT same problem!! Have you found a solution yet?? If so please get in touch with me! AIM: MurphmanL or MSN Murphyl24@msn.com thanks!

Comment

• vissim
        • Aug 2003

Haven't found a solution yet but glad in a way I'm not the only one with this issue. If you come across the solution before me let me know- suspect may need some VCD editing s/w to re-do the audio track but sounds messy.

Comment

• MurphmanL
          • Aug 2003

Im in the middle of encoding another video, but ive changed the parameters so lets hope it works! Please add me 2 ur AIM on MSN contacts so i dont have 2 keep posting here. Thanks.
          AIM- MurphmanL
          MSN- Murphyl24@msn.com

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

You can resynch the MPEG1-VCD file as follows:

1) Load it into TMPGEnc

2) Set mode to "MPEG-1VideoCD"

3) From under the "Advanced" tab, put a checkmark next to and then double click on "Source Range"

4) Enter an appropriate positive or negative amount of milleseconds (thousandths of a second) next to "Audio gap correct"

5) Save with a new filename

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• vissim
              • Aug 2003

I'll give it a go- thanks for responding, I appreciate your efforts !!!

Comment

• vissim
                • Aug 2003

Setarip: More help please needed. Downloaded the TMPGEnc s/w and I can see the features that you talked about and all looks straight forward. Haven't used this s/w before however and daft, simple question but how do I load the VCD file in the first place as I can't see instructions with the s/w. It talks about new projects etc but I can't get it to really do anything- sorry to be a pain but really would appreciate your help !!!

Comment

• MurphmanL
                  • Aug 2003

Personally i would go on 2 Imesh or Kazaa and get the Full TMPEG encoder Plus like I have done. U can load the video into the software in two ways.

1.You can set up a project, setting it up as you will and then on step 4/5 you will be asked for a video and an audio source. Browse your pc for the file and it should also count as an audio source too. If not, browse your pc again if you have a separate audio file.

2.You can close the project wizard and set it up yourself. Close the wizard and you should notice 2 bars Video Source and Audio Source, near the bottom of the screen. Do the same as above, browse your pc for a video/audio source.

Then once you have loaded the video, set it up appropriately (I recommend the P Wizard as its really straightforward) to ensure it fits onto the cd you are using.

Then to follow Setarips info by altering the source:

Once you have loaded the video into TMEPG enc, you will be given some more options, 1 of these is source length, click on this and from within you can alter the synch settings in seconds. 1000 miliseconds is 1 second realtime.
                  I hope this helps, Im encoding a video now with 500 milsecond gap, i hope this solves my problems, if not, i shall keep experimenting, best of luck, MurphmanL.

Comment

• MurphmanL
                    • Aug 2003

YAY YIPPIE!!! THAT DID IT!!! THAT SOLVED THE PROBLEM!!! (for me @ least) Try encoding your videos with a 500 milisecond gap... if u play this back on ur pc when done encoding it will suck and be out of line, but my dvd player picks it up EXACTLY in synch with the video!! If u have any more questions on this post, mail me or contact me on AIM or msn.

Comment

• MurphmanL
                      • Aug 2003

Oh and by the way i 4got 2 mention- thanks setarip for all ur help, its solved my problem and i couldnt have done it without ur info, so thanks!

Comment

• setarip
                        Retired
                        • Dec 2001

To MurphmanL

"thanks setarip for all ur help, its solved my problem and i couldnt have done it without ur info, so thanks!"

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

• setarip
                          Retired
                          • Dec 2001

To vissim

"Setarip: More help please needed. Downloaded the TMPGEnc s/w and I can see the features that you talked about and all looks straight forward. Haven't used this s/w before however and daft, simple question but how do I load the VCD file in the first place as I can't see instructions with the s/w. It talks about new projects etc but I can't get it to really do anything- sorry to be a pain but really would appreciate your help !!!"

Simply "drag and drop" the file onto the primary TMPGEnc window...

Comment

Working...