Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • curtisstar
    • Sep 2003

My VCD came out unwatchable halfway through

I recently encoded a VCD onto disc. Watching it thru i realised that halfway thru it goes all blurred with blocks and keeps skipping and stopping.
    Unforutnately I deleted the original file from my PC so the only file I have left is what I've copied from the CD back to harddrive.
    Cpuld someone tell me is there anything I can do to make it watchable? The blocks are liek coloured and the pictured blurred.

I would be appreciate any help at all. Thanks in advance

Curt
  • shiny#3
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Jul 2003

try to copy your video disk with your burning tool ..using an image
    recorder option of your burning software....(that means creating an image with cue and bin files....) set reading speed to very low
    with 5 attempts at least.
    mount that image with "deamontools 333" or "alcohol 120 % "
    into a vitrtual drive.
    BROWSE it and refer to the mpeg or mpeg av or mpeg2 folder
    pull the avseq001. dat (or similar , the big one) to a harddive folder..... rename it to ***.mpg.. try to play it with your good working player....if the file looks the same from here also try another player with a different codec.... if problems persist....
    a recovery of the lost data especially physical video information is very unlikely!!

good luck!

Comment

• curtisstar
      • Sep 2003

Do you mean I should copy the file from the VCD to the harddrive and save it as an image?
      Allso do yu know if tmpgenc is capabale of cleaning up rotten files?

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

To curtisstar

1) Have you played back the version that now resides on your hard drive?

2) Does it exhibit the same behaviour as the CD version?

3) If not, either your player or the CD itself is the root of the problem. Clean the CD. Try using a DVD/CD cleaning disc on your player. Maxell makes one that retails for approximately $10US

4) If the hard drive version is as poor as the CD version, I'd suggest to you that it's a "lost cause" - You won't be able to meaningfully improve the quality. You can't make a silk purse from a sow's ear, nor can you make gold from lead...

Comment

Working...