Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Y4J
    • Nov 2003

DVD Problems

I recently burnt a vcd. I used Nero 6 for it. But first of course like you are suppost to, I ripped the dvd to my harddrive, then used nero to make a vcd out of it. The first time I played it on my dvd home player, it worked fine on it, ( I have a Apex ). I made another vcd with the same movie ( from the same file the ripped ) but that vcd doesn't respond with my apex. In fact, it doesn't even read the cd. It doesn't even say No disk error, it just gives me the message of "no disc." And I burnt the vcd from the same file that I ripped, AND onto the same brand of cd ( fuji I think) And now, when I make vcds with other dvds I ripped, it doesn't work; it gives me the same problem. It's like it worked the first time, now it doesn't. If you are not sure about what could be then problem, I have a few questions maybe people could help me with...

1. Do you think since it worked before, maybe I made a wrong adjustmentor accidently clicked something? I don't remember doing anything but is there sommething in nero where you HAVE to have selected or anything in order to burn?

2. Do you think maybe I just got lucky with that one vcd and maybe I just need to try other dvd players?

3. Maybe nero isn't a good vcd burner? And if not, can you tell me a really good, maybe even the best vcd burner or whatever you call it out there?

I'd really appreciate it.

PS: No matter if the vcds work on my apex home dvd player or not, it ALWAYS works on my pc dvd player

Thanks
  • gd_nimrod
    • Nov 2002

Dont know what to tell you, but you should try one of the following:

Use TMPGenc to create the vcd file, then simply use nero to BURN the file.

Try using another brand of media (just in case)

Make sure "standard compliance" is checked in the vcd options.
    Did you know you can SEARCH the forum? Fixes common problems too:
    http://forum.digital-digest.com/search.php

Also search on the whole Digital-Digest website:
    http://www.digital-digest.com/search.html

Comment

• Y4J
      • Nov 2003

I used nero to burn only. But I used IMTOO dvd ripper to rip dvds. It WORKED fine... I don't get why it did work on my dvd player, and now it doesn't work.

Is the TMPGenc a really good program for ripping dvds and is nero the best program I could get for burning vcds?

Try use another brand of media.... As in what? I'm not really that good with terms, but could you tell me what you mean? As in like mpeg avi, or software, or like media player?
      Last edited by Y4J; 30 Nov 2003, 08:03 PM.

Comment

• Y4J
        • Nov 2003

I don't mean for this to be a spam, but I just posted again because I don't think people will see this due to that this post is going to be unseen since it is going towards the bottom.

So from reading my last post, before this, could people help me with this? Thanks

Comment

Working...