Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • svinty
    • Dec 2003

MPEG-1 Audio playback problem in WMP

Have some files which I dont hear any sound when playin in wmp9. I fired up "avicodec" to analyze the prob, and it seems my system dident support the mpeg1 audio. Heres the result:

Audio : 2.27 MB, 224 Kbps, 44100 Hz, 2 chan., 0x50 = Mpeg-1 audio Layer 1, Unsupported

The only player i got any sound was in the VideoLan (VLC) player, very poor though.

So i searched the net, and it seemed those mpeg1 codec SHOULD automtic innstalled on my system. I came over one solution that I should have som commrc sw innstalled like windvd etc. But I have that too!

Any help, and dont come with any "play them i vlc", i wanne play them in wmp because i dont like vlc, and i use wmp to play anything else with music.
  • sfheath
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Sep 2003

Can I suggest you look under Control Panel/Install Software/Windows Setup and check under the Multimedia heading you have video and audio compression installed? You will probably need your Windows CD.
    This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• svinty
      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by sfheath
      Can I suggest you look under Control Panel/Install Software/Windows Setup and check under the Multimedia heading you have video and audio compression installed? You will probably need your Windows CD.
      Cant find the specified "Install Software" in cp in my winxp pro system. Did u mean the "windows component" feature in cp? But theres no options for multimedia tab there anyway......

Comment

• sfheath
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Sep 2003

I should have said "Install/Remove Applications" I think. I'm at my work steam-powered Win98 at the mo but was fairly certain my XPHome pc had it. I shall check when I get back there

oh and yes, I did mean the Windows Components.
        This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• svinty
          • Dec 2003

Theres no "multimedia" options at all in the "windows component"

Comment

Working...