Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fast__cars
    • Jan 2004

VCD bad scale ratio

Hey, I created a VCD using Sonic MyDVD. The original movie was made wide-screen, and when i burnt it and played it back it had been stretched out of proportion. I've gone through the programs config, but can't find anything to do with wide and full screen.

Can anyone suggest a program that will make a VCD without changing the movie's scale?

The movie's original resolution is 592x256
  • pieroxy
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Nov 2003

TMPGEnc. Here is how to make sure the ratio options are fine:

1. On the Video tab, set the output as 4:3
    2. On the Advanced tab, set the input as VGA 1:1
    3. On the Advanced Tab, set the Video Arrange Method to "Full Screen (keep aspect ratio)"

I'll let you read the guides to get the rest (I am too lazy )

Of course, you will have to set the parameters (like bitrate, where to cut with the source range option, ...) manually.

Let us know how successful you are.
    "on the north side of 'wild-cat peak' the 'snow squaws' shake their winter blankets and bring forth a chill which rides the wind with goad and spur, hurling with an icy hand rime, and frost upon a dreamy land musing in the lap of Spring"

Comment

• fast__cars
      • Jan 2004

I figured that I don't even need to convert it , I got NeroVision Express 2. That program is a miracle worker! I will never have to convert anything again... It can make dvd's, vcd, svcd etc. and it does all the coding for you! It also keeps the scale ratio so you don't need to worry about your movie coming out of proportion
      It also increases the quality of the film.

The only thing I need to do now is to rebuild the index of another avi that I have, but the problem with that is whenever I try to rebuild it with VisualDub it cannot save it under 4gb, and i can't encode it with DivX because my dvd won't play it Any suggestions?

Comment

• pieroxy
        Platinum Member
        Platinum Member
        • Nov 2003

It also increases the quality of the film.
        You have to understand that this is impossible It might icrease the bitrate, the resolution, smooth out blocks, but it cannot increase the quality.
        rebuild the index of another avi that I have
        Care to explain what that is ? What do you want to do with your AVI? Transform it to MPEG?
        "on the north side of 'wild-cat peak' the 'snow squaws' shake their winter blankets and bring forth a chill which rides the wind with goad and spur, hurling with an icy hand rime, and frost upon a dreamy land musing in the lap of Spring"

Comment

• fast__cars
          • Jan 2004

No, this is what happened. I got an avi file which was 662mb, i tried to play it in WMP, but it came up with an error, then a code. So i did a google search on the error number and got a link to a topic on this forum about the error i got. The error meant that the index was incomplete. I still don't know what the "index" is but it's inside the avi and that's what i needed to fix.

I ended up being able to rebuild the "index" in VisualDub and got it to work, although i had to encode the movie with DivX to get it to be 439mb (uncompressed the movie turned out to be about 37gb :S.) But i still had the problem of my DVD player can't read DivX, or so I thought. I used Nero Vision Express to make a dvd movie out of the divx avi file, and to my suprise it worked .

So thanks for your help

Comment

Working...