• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blewer
    • Mar 2004

DV to CD-RW?

Hi,
    1st post, Hello to everyone.

I have done a search and can't find exactly what I am looking for.

I have a JVC GR-DVP1 digital video camera and today have fitted a firewire card to my PC

I am using Pinnacle Studio 8.7 and have managed to capture the video from my camera. When making the film I convert to VCD and write this to a CD-RW.
    This all seems to work fine until I try and play the CD-RW on my DVD player.

My DVD is an LG DV1010, it says it can read VCD. When I place the CD in the player it recognises that it's a VCD 2.0 as it comes on the screen but then nothing else happens???

Is there an obvious reason for this or can anyone else suggest a better way of doing this?

I don't have a dvd writer although I might get one.
    I am using XP.

Thanks in advance for any help

Adam
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

To determine the capabilities/limitations of your specific brand and model of standalone DVD player, go to:

Comment

• blewer
      • Mar 2004

Thanks setarip, done that and it confirms that my DVD does support SVCD & VCD. So now I'm not sure what else is going wrong?

The CDRW that I am trying to record to is a Philips CD-RW80 Highspeed 4-12x

Any more help?

EDIT: I have also tried writing to CD-R but with the same result

Could someone please e-mail me a very small VCD (5 secs) that works on their dvd player so I can see if the problem is my encoding or my dvd player?

Thank you

Adam
      blewer1@aol.com
      Last edited by blewer; 16 Mar 2004, 02:53 AM.

Comment

Working...