Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alancharmed
    • Jan 2002

playback on standalone a fraction slow

please help someone. A few of my vcd's are playing back a fraction slow on a standalone dvd.when burning and i drag and drop on nero it asks me if i want to reecode file? when i say yes it says that the version i have is a beta version and need mpeg codec 2? is there a way around this?
    Last edited by alancharmed; 11 Feb 2002, 11:53 PM.
  • 1 Smelly Fish
    • Nov 2001

Ok i think you have 2 different problems here, one is the slow play back and the other is NERO.
    Do you use TMPGEnc to cut the MPEG file into 2 to fit on disc ? IF so try M1 EDIT to Repacketize the file to VCD and than drag and drop in NERO, it should accept it after checking the file.
    Slow play back may be a problem if your re-encoding the file due to the problem stated above. So try what i have suggested above and see if the VCD will play any better

Cheers

Comment

• alancharmed
      • Jan 2002

Thank you for replying. I use virtual dub to cut my files. is M1 edit a program or a function on tmpgenc? many thanks

Comment

• 1 Smelly Fish
        • Nov 2001

Hi again, M1 Edit is a prorgam but since you use V Dub to cut it may be useless, i cant say forsure it will help as i dont cut with V Dub. Try cutting the MPEG files with TMPGEnc and see if they load into NERO any better i have a feeling about this

Let me know how it goes

Cheers

Comment

• alancharmed
          • Jan 2002

hello again, thanks ever so much for replying and being very patient with me (thicko that i am) but how do you cut on tmpgenc? cheers

Comment

• 1 Smelly Fish
            • Nov 2001

Hi, i wrote the instructions somewhere in another post, but a quick run down here should do the trick
            Open TMPGEnc
            Go FILE
            MPEG TOOLS
            CUT/JOIN
            Add the MPEG file you want to cut (find it on your hard drive)
            Click on it in the White window so it is now highlighted Blue
            Go EDIT
            Click on the [ icon down the bottom right where you want the cut to start and the ] icon where you want it to finish
            Go OK
            It will start to cut
            Once finished copy the time at the end of the cut and paste it in the begining of the cut and add a few extra seconds to ensure an overlap if you wish, than go ] where you want the 2nd MPEG to end
            Go OK
            This part will take a while longer to find the Audio/Video so dont stress, sit back and relax

Hope this helps

Cheers

Comment

Working...