Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rchhol
    • Apr 2004

Vcd Playback Sanyo Hv-dx 1e

I HAVE HAD A SANYO HV-DX1E COMBI DVD AND VHS PLAYER FOR JUST OVER 1 YEAR.

I HAVE STARTED MAKING MY OWN VCS AND WHEN I TRIED TO PLAY THEM ON THIS PLAYER IT WONT PLAY THEM CORRECTLY. IT PLAYS THEM IN A SERIES OF JERKS - A BIT LIKE TIME LAPSE - AND THE AUDIO IS JERKY TOO.

THE ODD THING IS THAT I HAVE FOUND IT CAN BE CURED BY BRIEFLY PRESSING PAUSE THEN PLAY. THE TRACK THEN PLAYS OK. HOWEVER IT GOES JERK AGAIN WHEN THE NEXT TRACK STARTS. CURED BY PRESSING PAUSE AND PLAY AGAIN. THE DOWNSIDE TO THIS IS APART FORM BEING ANNOYING IS THAT THE SOUND AND MOVEMENT BECOME OUT OF SYNCHRONISATION. THE LIP MOVEMENTS DONT MATCH THE SOUND.

I KNOW IT CANT BE HOW THE CDS ARE BURNED AS I HAVE TRIED THEM ON OTHER AND INDEED CHEAPER MACHINES THAN MINE AND THEY PLAY FINE.

WHAT IS WRONG??? ANYONE OFFER A SOLUTION. THE MANUAL SAYS THIS PLAYER PLAYS VCDS/DVDS AND MP3 DISCS.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

1) Turn off your CAPS LOCK key!

2) To determine the capabilities/limitations of your specific brand and model of standalone DVD player, as well as media compatibility, go to:

Comment

• rchhol
      • Apr 2004

been to that site already - it says it should play vcds - it wasnt exactly helpful.

i have an extended service plan for it and may call them in to give it a once over and they may be able to fix it.

Comment

• gd_nimrod
        • Nov 2002

Try using
        A) Different brand of cd-r to burn the clips on.
        B) Reducing burning speed since some dvd players have trouble playing data well when reading discs burned really fast.
        Did you know you can SEARCH the forum? Fixes common problems too:
        http://forum.digital-digest.com/search.php

Also search on the whole Digital-Digest website:
        http://www.digital-digest.com/search.html

Comment

• rchhol
          • Apr 2004

tried A and B. That doesnt work.

Comment

Working...