Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • killer_one
    • May 2004

TV Out Issues

My nvidia geforce4 5500 works great on TV-out with one little problem. I cannot get it to display Mpegs (Including VCD's) through windows media player or through infranview. it will display flash and java fine but not mpegs. I have tried different codecs to no avail. I need help. any ideas? Thanx
  • sirluck
    • Jul 2004

There's not much excuse for that. These Mpegs (including vcd's) play fine on the desktop? AND other types play fine out to the tv using Windows Media Player? That doesn't sound like a codec problem - unless Media Player just chooses the wrong one and then hangs...try a different player. I use Power DVD in XP without any problems (you can use Mplayer to play bin files without first extracting!). I'm using a Gforce MX440.

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

The following MAY be pertinent to your situation:

There have been several postings over the past few months regarding this specific matter. The solution is to download and install the older NVidia driver(s)...

"The 41.09 and future drivers have more stringent checks in the driver to comply with the latest Macrovision requirements. If the TV encoder does not support Macrovision, you will get the "Macrovision Distribution Failed" error message or a similar message depending on which DVD software player you are using. The BT868 and Conexant CX25870 TV encoders do not support Macrovision. If your graphics card is equipped with one of these TV encoders, then it will not support DVD playback with our 41.09 drivers and above."

Comment

Working...