Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Paulgo253
    • Nov 2003

in sync on one player - out on another!

hi. I've searched around for an answer to this problem but can't seem to find one to this specific prob! If there is a post - sorry! Just point me to it!

I've got a small but non too bad collection of SVCDs (all PAL) - nearly all produced using DVD2SVCD. they all play fine on my cheapie Alba standalone player. I've just upgraded to a nice Toshiba SD210e which plays the SVDCs fine (as VCDs accordin to the LCD - could this be the prob??) - other than the audio is about a half to a second out of sync all the way through. Seems to be the same on all my SVCDs.

What causes this? I now have a DVD burner so I can't see me producing many more SVCDs but it would be nice to be able to watch me old discs occaisionally on the new player.

I havn't tried backing these movies up to a single DVD per movie yet - be readin up on the best way to do that but didn't think it was worth it - would this potentially cure the problem?

thanks
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

"I havn't tried backing these movies up to a single DVD per movie yet - be readin up on the best way to do that but didn't think it was worth it - would this potentially cure the problem?"

It might help. Give it a try and let us know how you made out.

BTW there is no need to post 3 separate times in the same sub-forum. Once is sufficient.

Comment

• Paulgo253
      • Nov 2003

Sorry about that - nearly died when I saw it'd gone on 3 times!! posted from work and I dunno quite wot i managed to do.. more careful next time!

Thanks - I'll try puttin them on DVD, which I've been meaning to try out anyway. Some useful guides around for the most painless way of doin it. I think it could be a problem connected to Nero, which is what I used to author them, and a oddity of this new machine. Found something on videohelp.com when I was checking compatibilty, so at least it ain't just me!

Please let this post just once this time...!

Comment

Working...