Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jerv23325
    • Mar 2002

SVCD Playback Question...

I created the svcd but I have a question about the playback. Is there a svcd player or a dvd player that I can use to play the SVCD on cdrom?
  • Simon T
    • Nov 2001

What do you man. Do you want to play a normal cd-rom with and MPG-file on your pc or something?

That won't do. You have to make VCD's from an ordinary CD-R, do not make an cd-rom!
    Still standing... ...also after the forumcrash )

Comment

• Jerv23325
      • Mar 2002

I Made The SVCD Properly On A Cd-r But I Don't Have A DVD-rom And I Can't Find Any SVCD Player Software So I Was Wondering If There Was A DVD Player (Like WinDVD)Software That I Can Use To Play The SVCD Through My CD-rom Instead Of A DVD-Rom

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Yes, you can use WinDVD to play an SVCD from a CD-ROM.

I'm just curious to understand why you've created an SVCD, if you only intend to play the movie on your computer. You should have made it into a "plain" MPEG2 file, which is more readily usable...
        Last edited by setarip; 22 Mar 2002, 12:51 PM.

Comment

• KETAN
          • May 2002

gentlemen,
          If someone can help me.
          I created an svcd from a dvd with dvd2svcd. I burned it through nero and also tried thru cdrwin. It plays well on my dvdrom on pc but does not play on my JVC dvd player capable of playing svcd.
          Any tips.
          Also for trial purpose I used to burn only one small chapter from dvd of say 10 minites. So the svcd is only of 10 minites. Can this create a problem?

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

Your standalone player may not recognize the BRAND of CD-R that you burned the SVCD on...

Comment

• KETAN
              • May 2002

Is JVC a junk player X42SL ? It says that it can play DVD, VCD,SVCD and MP3.
              If I can play the SVCD alright on my pc through powerdvd 4.0, then can I be sure that the burning job has been done alright and the problem is only with player of compatibility?
              Or I am missing something in dvd2svcd settings.
              Thanks

Comment

• ZeReaper
                • Nov 2001

KETAN
                Even though your stand alone DVD player says it can play svdcd/vcd, does not mean it will work
                in australia where I am
                I have found only pioneer multi region dvd players will play my burnt vcd/svcd movies
                hope this helps
                there is a list somewhere that shows if your dvd player can play them or not
                dont know where it is though
                maybe someone else.....

Comment

• KETAN
                  • May 2002

Hi,
                  After mastering (ha..ha..) Dvd2sVcd I have now burned 4 DVDs successfully.
                  Touchwood...all of them plays on my JVC.
                  KETAN

Comment

Working...