Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mgolobay
    • Dec 2001

Sound Track Out Of Sync

My Panasonic DMR-E20 DVd-RAM recorder/player will not play SVCDs no matter what I do. Like another post I read here, my player does this strange blocky play/stop play/stop play/stop kind of thing.

So I tried converting the MPEG-2 to MPEG-1 so I can at least watch the VCD. The VCD plays but the sound track does not match the video. So I tried just playing the MPG in Windows Media Player and noticed it doesn't match there either! Every SVCD (MPEG-2) MPG file I have does this.

Windows Media Player 7.1 is also acting very strange. Sometimes it says "Changing Media" or "Playing" and just locks up. I have to kill it via the task manager. Other times it plays, but won't let me touch any of the controls and I end up having to kill it. I wanted to clean all my old codecs out and reload new ones but that doesn't seem to work either. I double click on video codecs, go to details, delete a codec, press okay but when I go back its still there.

So everything is hosed and I'm stuck. Does anyone have any ideas or should I just make a bonfire out of my machine watch weeds grow in the yard for entertainment?
Working...