Burning a SVCD: Audio is out of syn (ca. .5 secs)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andy1973
    • Apr 2002

Burning a SVCD: Audio is out of syn (ca. .5 secs)

I'm ripping the DVD with DVDx to Mpeg2-files. When watching these files on the PC with Media Player everything is o.k. (audio and video are in sync).

Then I burn these mpeg2 files on a CD using either Nero or VCDeasy (no error messages so far...). These CD's work on my DVD player, I have excellent picture and audio, BUT audio is ca. .5 sec's "too late".
    Does anyone have a clue?

btw: burning vcd's is no problem, there everything is ok. But SVCD's have better sound & video...
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"These CD's work on my DVD player,"

Are you referring to a standalone DVD player hooked up to your television, or your PC's DVD-ROM player?

You should only concern yourself with how they play on your standalone player.

When converting, set the audio to 44,100Hz - since many standalones have difficulty with SVCDs containing a 48,000Hz audiostream.

Comment

• andy1973
      • Apr 2002

No Audio settings in DVDx

Yes, I wanted to play my SVCD on a standalone DVD-player hooked to the TV (on the pc i would have watched the mp3-files...)

Unfortunately, DVDx only allows to choose the "quality" (whatever that meens): Normal, high and output as ac3.
      The frequency is given: 48Khz to 44.1Khz.

Should I now choose another Ripper? Is there one that easy touse as DVDx?

Comment

• jacko
        • Mar 2002

i had the same problem with svcd's

the solution that i found using dvdx is as follows

rip as vcd then burn as non compliant svcd in nero this should fix your sound problem.

Comment

• joecross98
          • Jan 2002

Me too!

I'm having a similar problem. I've converted Gladiator from AVI to SVCD and the MPG files play perfectly on my computer. After burning, however, my Apex DVD player gets out of synch right from the beginning. I've played the burned CD on my computer and it is also out of synch, but not as badly as the standalone player.

This is the first time I have had this problem. Any ideas?

Thanks,
          Joe

Comment

• andy1973
            • Apr 2002

didn't work out

Originally posted by jacko
            i had the same problem with svcd's

the solution that i found using dvdx is as follows

rip as vcd then burn as non compliant svcd in nero this should fix your sound problem.
            Sorry, it didn't work out. I know make 2 streams: 1 audio (start at 0.4seconds of the film and a video stream (original length). Then I encode them with e.g. tmpencoder and burn the resulting mpg (svcd)-file on a disk -> this works fine, it's quite a job!

Comment

Working...