Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Porrazzoj
    • May 2002

VCD on Bose 321 System

I am just learning how to convert a DVD to a VCD. I've experimented with a variety of ripping, conversion/encoding programs and use Nero Burn for burning to CD's. I can make the VCD and it will play on a friends Sony DVD player but when I play the same VCD on my Bose 321 player I only get the audio output. When I enter the contol menu for the DVD player I get my options and the video plays behind the menu. Am I doing something wrong? My VCD format is MPEG-1. Does the Bose 321 need a special format, should I make SVCD's any and all possible fix's short of buying another player are welcome and will be investigated.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"When I enter the contol menu for the DVD player I get my options and the video plays behind the menu."

What do you mean?
    Are you actually seeing the video in the background of a menu listing?
    Is the audio then playing as well?

Comment

• Porrazzoj
      • May 2002

VCD in Bose 321

Yes, I am actually seeing the video in the background of a menu listing, while the audio is playing. I don't know why this is happening and the Bose website and technical people have been of no help at all. Any clue's?

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Have you read the "Owner's Guide"? Does it specifically state that it will play burned (not commercial) VCDs? (References to play CD-Rs and music CDs is not an assurance of this).

If this is a new piece of equipment, I'd consider returning it to the retailer - unless you can be shown how to turn off the menu once you've gotten the video playing...

By the way, I didn't know that Bose made anything other than audio equipment. So I just did a search. The documentation for your unit indicates ONLY the following:

"Advanced media center Features tuner, DVD player, amplifiers, EQ and three inputs for additional sources — all from a single, elegant unit that plays DVD-video, AM/FM, CD, CD-R/RW and MP3 on CD."
        Last edited by setarip; 20 May 2002, 11:18 AM.

Comment

• Porrazzoj
          • May 2002

I think I will go back to BestBuy where I bought it and see what there's do and what they have to say.
          Thanks anyway

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

Sorry to be the bearer of (apparently) bad news ...

Comment

Working...