• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AlexHenky
    • Jun 2002

Selectable Subtitles

Hi,

I've got a few questions.

First of all something about my pc. I have : Intel Celeron-Processor, 1,10 ghz, 256 mb ram.

I use Microsoft Windows XP Professional.

I've been trying to ad selectable subs(svcd) to my downloaded svcd file for over 2 weeks now, with little result. I've read many guides and many many posts but I can't find it by myself.

First I checked if my dvd-player(JVC Th-a5r) supports svcd or cvd subs, it says it did. So Then I tried to test 3 samples only to be sure if it does. The 2 cvd's don't play, but the svcd sub(svcd_ogt_test_ntsc.zip) did work. I burned the bin sample with CDRwin. And it played 1 selectable subtitle. So I tried to ad subt. to my movie. Because it contains a svcd sub I used Winsubmux to multiplex the .mpg and the .sub(submux) files. I made bmp's(8 bits uncompressed) and the subs with MaestroSBT. That also went good. So then I multiplexed the files, no errors or nothing. I did everything following the guides. So then I burned the subbed svcd mpg with Nero5.5.8.2. That also went good without any probs. But finally playing the svcd with the svcd subs, the movie is good quality but when I switch between the subtitles none of them are shown. The strangest thing is that when I look in the left corner of the display(menu of the subs) it says cvd. So I again tried to play the svcd sample, and I looked in the display and it also said cvd. How can that be if the player only supports svcd subs? I tried several ways to get it, without result. To test I've cutted the mpg with TMPGenc. I did it over and over, and I tried several mpg's and subtitles but I can't fix it. I searched almost the entire forum through and the vcdhelp forum, Í've been reading almost every guides but they can't help me. What I also find strange is that there is no good guide using Winsubmux, so it's really difficult for me to learn it. There is a good guide for I-author, but I don't need it for cvd subs. I hope I'm clear enough and I hope somebody can help me.

Greetings Alex.
  • silo99
    • Jul 2002

Hi Alex

I see your message from about month ago about Winsubmux . I try to use it too, and as u say - there is no guide for it (and I think it is the only program for add more than 1 sub to a movie.
    My problem is that I try to run the Mux, and it keep error me- not a valid integer value. I use Mpg movie and .sub as subtitle file. I don't convert it to bmp (y to do this if i dont must to?).

What progress u get with your problem?

Comment

• AlexHenky
      • Jun 2002

Hi,

I've tried using cdrwin 5.0 to burn the svcd and now I could see them. So my problem was caused by nero.

Comment

• Freakshock
        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by silo99
        Hi Alex

I see your message from about month ago about Winsubmux . I try to use it too, and as u say - there is no guide for it (and I think it is the only program for add more than 1 sub to a movie.
        My problem is that I try to run the Mux, and it keep error me- not a valid integer value. I use Mpg movie and .sub as subtitle file. I don't convert it to bmp (y to do this if i dont must to?).

What progress u get with your problem?
        I also get the same error, anyone know how to fix this? or know another program to add a sub to SVCD? doesnt need to be selectable...

Comment

Working...