Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blackjack001
    • Jul 2002

Playing VCD on Projection TV

Please help..........I have created a VCD but when I play it on my big screen tv (projection tv) the picture becomes "blocky" and is not very clear. Especially during dark scenes...

Tried hooking up my 19" color tv and the picture is much clearer. Are you not able to view on a large screen? Is there anything that I can do to make the picture clearer? That's exactly how I feel...been bashing my head and trying different settings in TMPGEnc, Virtual Dub, but no luck.

Thanks in advance if someone can help.
  • LilCalvin
    • Apr 2002

the reason why it looked somewhat better on the 19" is because its smaller and you're not going to see the pixellation as much as you would on the big screen (obviously).

that should help with some of the pixellation ("blocky"ness) and the jumpy picture that you sometimes get with the standard settings.

Comment

• blackjack001
      • Jul 2002

LilCalvin - thanks for the input. Didn't really know what the matrix was about and how it worked. Will definately try the settings in the link you supplied

Comment

• blackjack001
        • Jul 2002

Tried the setting, but it still doesn't work. Now, the picture plays for a few frames, then stops for a second, then plays a few frames etc,etc....

There is also no sound unless I play it in search mode.

Well, back to the drawing board.........

Comment

Working...