Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mnemonic
    • Sep 2002

FlaskMPEG & WinXP

Does anyone know if FlaskMPEG (Version 0.94) is compatible with WinXP. I cant seem to get it to see any other audio codec other than the default PCM 44khz even though I have the Radium MP3 & DivX 3/4 codecs installed. Could this be that FlaskMPEG is not picking the MP3 codec up from the registry somehow, it see all the video codecs fine.

Help!
  • khp
    The Other
    • Nov 2001

Re: FlaskMPEG & WinXP

Originally posted by Mnemonic
    Could this be that FlaskMPEG is not picking the MP3 codec up from the registry somehow, it see all the video codecs fine.
    Yes, this could very well be the case. Flask will often start behaveing strangely if more than one mp3 codec is installed. You can check if this is the case in
    'Control Panel'->'Sounds and Audio devices'->Hardware->'Audio codecs'->properties->properties.
    Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
    http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• Mnemonic
      • Sep 2002

Hmmm...real strange this as I installed FlaskMPEG 6 preview and this picks up the audio codecs just fine, stranger still I have another WinXP PC and this IS using FlaskMPEG 0.594 which sees the MP3 codec as it should. Dunno think I will just go back to Win98 and put up with the BSD's.

Thanks for the reply anyway!

Comment

• TerryC
        • Jul 2002

why dont you give xmpeg (enhanced version of flask) a try, it's much faster and more stable. it works wonderfully under win xp.

Comment

• Mnemonic
          • Sep 2002

Well, it finally look like I may have cracked it (stupid or what) what I failed to tell was I did not have a soundcard fitted to my PC, seeing as I was just going to be using this for ripping/converting and authoring (to free up my main PC) and nothing else I didn't see a need.
          But after a bit of deduction I tried disabling the sound card on my other WinXP PC and VOILA' no MP3 codec listed in the FlaskMPEG audio codec selection window.
          Beyond my reasoning of why this is suffice to say am I being dumb or should the docs in Flask stipulate the need of a soundcard as the requirements under section 0. of the FlaskMPEG Docs site does not mention it.

Thanks to all who replied with help.
          Cheerz.

Comment

Working...