Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CVANR
    • Oct 2002

tmpgenc freezing

I am having problems trying to convert a divx file to vcd, everytime I try with tmpgenc it freezes as soon as it gets to %9.
    I tried dubbing it with v-dub and get an error decompressing video frame 12906 An unknown error occurred (may be corupt data) (error code -100).

I aslo tried using divfix and it didn't change anything..the divx file is a dvd rip and perfect quality. I am out of ideas any suggestions people????
  • techno
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Nov 2001

Try increasing the AVI VFW and the AVI2(open DML) filters in the environment options in TMPGENC. Then try to encode.

Remember, select the source range filter in TMPGENC to mark the start and ending positions of the movie because if u don't, u will encode the whole movie + more! meaning, it will nearly 3 times increase the file size as well as the length since DIVX compresses video, TMPGENC cannot tell if it is compressed or not (dunno about the NEWER version...)

Anyway, if this still doesn't work, try saving the avi, in virtualdub as an uncompressed AVI (RGB), the file size WILL BE HUGE, but sometimes it can solve the corrupted frames problem.

Another way is to make sure that in the search precision mode in TMPGENC settings, is set to motion search estimate (fast).

I can't think of anything else at the top of my head.

Hope it helps

Techno

Comment

• CVANR
      • Oct 2002

tmpgenc freezing

thank you techno I will try your suggestions and let you know if they worked.

Comment

• techno
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Nov 2001

yw!

Comment

• CVANR
          • Oct 2002

tmpgenc freezing

Well I increased the AVI VFW and the AVI2 filters in tmpgenc, and also set motion search to fast and it encoded but with no sound. so I checked the settings in environmental settings and I had also unchecked the Directshow multi file reader so I wonder if that had to do with no sound.. Anyway I didn't want to encode the whole mpg again so I saved the wave file with v-dub then joined the wave with the silent mpg and it worked perfectly ty very much for your help techno.

Comment

• techno
            Digital Video Master
            Digital Video Master
            • Nov 2001

heheh...your welcome, I was gonna say to extract the wav in vdub and then join it in TMPGENC but u achieved it..

good work

now go for a pint

Techno

Comment

• CVANR
              • Oct 2002

I think I will have a few hehehehe cause setarip helped me with another file I was having problems with, an asf file that when encoded the sound skipped on, but now works perfect to....This is an awesome place to get help with encoding probs..
              Thanks again peeps

Comment

Working...