Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DeVNuLL
    • Oct 2002

Compressibility Test Problem...

Some reason whenever I now complete a Compressibility Test Check using the 5%, I go back to see what the % is beside the "load" button under the "bits/(Pixel*Frame) area and it is blank! I have no clue what is causing this.... Never had this problem until I had to re-install my OS (Win XP). I've created many DivX's before using your guide as well as the doom9.net guide. I am totaly clueless as to what is causing this and also how to fix it.

Also, I just tried several times to continue on to encode the movie to DivX but it always craps out around 15% - 20% into the first encoding process of the movie.

This is driving me nuts since I can't encode anything now. Tried different movies, still a no go...

Any suggestions would be great, I doubt I am the only person that is having this problem.

Thanks,

DeVNuLL
    Last edited by DeVNuLL; 20 Oct 2002, 02:19 PM.
  • techno
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Nov 2001

is ur computer got the minimum specs (preferrably a better spec) for DIVX?

Prefered:

PIII 600MHz (min!)
    a good graphics card, along with a good soundcard.

Quit ALL background programs. free up system resources. update drivers on your system - just in case.

Otherwise, I can't see why it's not doing anything.

PIII 600MHz is the recommended "starting point" for encoding DIVX files. you can use a slower CPU if u wish but it will take longer and may load up ur CPU alot....

Techno

Comment

• DeVNuLL
      • Oct 2002

Ya I have the following:

AMD T-bird 1200mhz
      512 DDR RAM
      SoundBlaster Live

As I stated on my last post I've made DivX's before without and problems... just now after re-installing my OS with the same hardware setup I am now having this problem.

Comment

• techno
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Nov 2001

bloody AMD's............................................. .........

Comment

• DeVNuLL
          • Oct 2002

Yes I know... but I doubt that my CPU is the problem... does it matter that I am using DivX Pro 5.02?

Comment

• techno
            Digital Video Master
            Digital Video Master
            • Nov 2001

Sometimes...yes...personally. try encoding with DIVX v3.11 alpha (or nandub 2pass)..c what happens.

Have u tried it on a different system? (near enough same specs?) Try updating Windows. Have you installed the latest SP?

Techno

Comment

• DeVNuLL
              • Oct 2002

Unfortunatly I don't have another computer that is even close to the specs of the hardware on the computer we are talking about... Is there much quality difference when encoding with DivX 3 VS 5 Pro ?

Also, I did try re-installing me OS lastnight and then trying and still same problem. As well.. I did re-install and tried XP with SP1 and still a no go. Going to try one more time re-installing everything, as well as getting the latest drivers for all of my hardware. I'm sure I already had the latest durring my last re-install but oh well, here goes nothing.

Oh I forgot to mention in my last post that I have a GeForce 4 Ti4200 128MB Video Card.

Anyways, off I go to re-install (again) with XP and SP1.

Comment

• techno
                Digital Video Master
                Digital Video Master
                • Nov 2001

big difference in quality, I personally prefer 3.11alpha...other ppl prefer v5...try 3.11alpha (low file size and high quality!)

I think, from what u r describing, can be IRQ conflicts or even some sort of hardware conflict somewhere...if it was working b4....

Comment

• DeVNuLL
                  • Oct 2002

Ok cool... maybe I'll try out 3.11alpha and see if I can notice a difference or not. You can still have both installed right? (3.11a and 5.02 Pro?) Also, 3.11a will alow you to span to 2CD's and even 3CD's right? I guess it doesn't really matter since Gknot will set those params when you use it. All I've got to do is select to use DivX 3 insted of DivX 5 durring the encoding setup withing Gknot.

BTW: where can 3.11 alpha be found? is this the same ver that comes with Gnot that can be installed durring the setup?

Comment

• techno
                    Digital Video Master
                    Digital Video Master
                    • Nov 2001

um...dunno if u can install both at the same time.....

I usually make PERFECT 1 CD rips.... but usually, spreading it over a few CD's makes a good rip/better quality, but i've never had quality bother.

Digital Digest DivX XviD Software Section - List of recommended, top 10 DivX, XviD and AVI software, latest news and updates

goto the codecs section and DIVX 3.11alpha will be there!

Good luck

Comment

• DeVNuLL
                      • Oct 2002

Seems with DivX 5 or even 5.02 Pro when I had it working before it only was good quality with 2 CD's. 1 CD looked awfull no matter what.

Comment

Working...