Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • farscape
    • Oct 2002

OK,

First of all. I don't think that you entered th correct values for the addRange parameters.

the syntax is VirtualDub.subset.AddRange(start-frame,#frames)
    As far as I can tell you've entered (startframe,endframe).

Try the following:
    VirtualDub.subset.AddRange(3620,23148);
    VirtualDub.subset.AddRange(30704,15442);
    VirtualDub.subset.AddRange(51750,2070);

This gives a total of 40660 frames = 27 min 6 sec.

In your case it totals up to 126734 frames= 84 min 29 sec.

Farscape

Comment

• Goatgod77
      • Oct 2002

OK let me see if I get this.....

OK, as far as I could tell from the other message, I was supposed to put in startframe,endframe. So what I am really supposed to do is put in the start frame of where i want to start cutting, then the number of frames I want to cut out? Sorry, I have never gone this deep into digital video crap, but I'm determined now. Where did you learn all this stuff? Trial and error?

Comment

• farscape
        • Oct 2002

yep,

Trial and error, experimenting with all different types of settings, filters etc. and reading about it on the net.

You should try experimenting with the filters.
        F.i. dynamic noise reduction filter to reduce the amount of noise in your video-material or the general convolution filter.

They both help in reducing the filesize.

Some noise in your video-material can be a good thing, since it will help to avoid blocking-artifacts. Too much noise on the other will increase the filesize considerably.

The general convolution filter will blend a pixel with those surrounding it using a weighted factor.
        Depending on your framesize (f.e. 640x480) you can use a small factor or one that is somewhat stronger. The stronger you blend the smaller the filesize will be. It is thru experimenting that you will find the optimal setting between image-quality and filesize-reduction.
        On a framesize of 640x480, general convolution with the factors 128 for the center and 16 for the surrounding pixels has little noticeable effect on the image-quality, but can reduce the filesize with up to 30%.
        Under divx conversion/encoding There's another forum-thread "lending a helping hand" where I tried to explain the benefits of the general convolution filter.

Happy editing,

Farscape

Comment

Working...