It's possible to encode divx with Graphedit ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • luismmg
    • Oct 2002

It's possible to encode divx with Graphedit ?

Anyone knows how to make a divx file (video : divx codec, audio : mp3) using only Graphedit ? Thanks.
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

I've seen a guide for it (and I can think of a rough filter combination to achieve that), but why would you want to do that? It's not the most versatile program when it comes to creating decent to excellent quality DivX.

Comment

• luismmg
      • Oct 2002

Why Graphedit to encode divx ?

The reason, why i would like to encode divx with the Graphedit is because it is the only program that i know that can read the most dificulte divx files codecs compilatition that we get over the Internet, and then re-enconde them to the standard format ( divx & mp3 ).

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

dificulte divx files codecs compilatition
        Such as? I've never known Virtual/nandub failing to open any DivX files, provided you have the right codec(s) installed.

Comment

• Enchanter
          Old member
          • Feb 2002

I hope this guide can be of some help to you.

Comment

• luismmg
            • Oct 2002

Some "The Others" divx file i got from Kazaa

I have the packs Nimo, ACE MegaPack and ELISOFT.

I downloaded from Kazaa a divx file from the movie "The Others” that with all this packs installed didn't work in any player. So I render the file in Graphedit, and the graph it generated had broken links, so I link the arrows in the right places and so I was able to see the movie in Graphedit. Unfortunately I already deleted the file because I needed the space, so more details I can't give.

Comment

• luismmg
              • Oct 2002

Thanks for the guide "Enchanter", but i already knew that guide, but i only know how to do uncompressed AVIs, compressed AVIs with divx and mp3 codecs i could not do.

Comment

• Enchanter
                Old member
                • Feb 2002

Use "File Source (ASync)" to open your existing DivX file, in place of the "I-media Multiple MPEG-2...". Connect it to AVI Splitter. From there, you have likely two streams. Stream00 goes to DivX Decoder Filter, and Stream01 goes to the appropriate MP3 decoder. Both filters then connect to "I-media AVI Renderer" (I don't have this particular filer installed, but I'm positive it will work the same anyway).

My previous question still stands as to why you want to do it this complex way. There are better methods out there. For one, I suggest you open the DivX file you are having trouble with in Virtualdub and go to File -> File Information. It will reveal more information on the file and posting it here will enalble us to tell you what you need to do in order to be able to play the file.

Comment

• luismmg
                  • Oct 2002

The complex way is because i couldn't open the file in VirtuaDub as you said.

Comment

• Enchanter
                    Old member
                    • Feb 2002

What error message did you get when you tried to open the file in VD?

Comment

• luismmg
                      • Oct 2002

It was the simple error message saying " Cannot determine file type of ... "

Comment

• Enchanter
                        Old member
                        • Feb 2002

It is indicative that the file is not of AVI format. It might be others such as MOV, RM, VIV and other proprietary formats.

Since you said that you have successfully opened the file in Graphedit and viewed it (I assume the program has automatically created and connected all the links for you, correct?), you can make some minor modifications to the filter combo so that it will write out the new AVI file. I tried this with a Quicktime file and it opened nicely. I'll need to look for the "I-media AVI Renderer" so I can do some tests on it.

However, I personally think it's too much trouble figuring out what filter combination is required. A better method would be to determine what ACTUAL format the file is in (Try opening the file in Quicktime, Realplayer and anything else that you can think of). From there, you can search for the appropriate program to convert it to AVI.

Comment

Working...